When Given Punches The Ball

forevercity said:
instead of catching, will you all slag the fook out of him like many have done to Joe?

Great keeper for Joe to learn off, not cup tied in Europe either.

Bring on the Given, but city fans will still find a way to criticise him!

Is Joe ok with the prospect of Given coming in?? Would be a g8 keeper to learn off, as you say.

Dont want us to lose hart as he will be an exceptional keeper in 3-4 years.

mcigo said:
ramsdale4 said:
Given is a top class keeper and probably the best in the premiership, but is he that much of an improvement over Hart?

I just feel that if Hart was our first team goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, we would would have a better Goalie in 3 years time than what Given is now. Fair enough, you could argue that Hart could learn of Given but for me, a player learns more when playing matches.

that's a big claim. He's not as good as Reina, Cech, Van der Sar or Freidel.

Given is a really good keeper and Hart would learn a lot from him, but would he want to? He's been first choice keeper for about 18 months now and done a sufficient job to get him into the England team, no mean feat for somebody so young.

I'm all for getting in a top class keeper because Joe has a long way to go yet. I tend not to criticise him much, if at all, but my main gripe with him is his distribution. It's really poor.

You put the Newcastle Back 4 in front of Reina , Cech , Van Der Sar and Freidel and they would have the same problems as Shay has had during his time at Newcastle they never had a decent back 4 in front of him.

Id actually rather Joe Hart over Given, Given is a good shot stopper thats about it, I think his kicking is really poor, and his awareness is poor, Hart wouldnt learn much off him. Hart will become one of the best keepers in the league, and hes not going to get better by sitting on the bench, he needs games to improve.

Shays a much better all round keeper at this moment in time, the common view is that Joe will be our number 1 for many years to come, however his game needs to be improved drastically, plus if we are to be successful there needs to be competition for places, I think Shay would be a great acquisition and Joes game has probably stagnated without competition so for me many pluses for all, I am not slagging Joe of he is a great prospect but not the finished article by a long shot.

SWPISHOME said:
Id actually rather Joe Hart over Given, Given is a good shot stopper thats about it, I think his kicking is really poor, and his awareness is poor, Hart wouldnt learn much off him. Hart will become one of the best keepers in the league, and hes not going to get better by sitting on the bench, he needs games to improve.

Wrong - Given is the better keeper in every respect - kicking, distribution, positioning, corners, experience etc.

They are about even on shot-stopping.

Hart will learn from him every day in training until the time is right for him to be the number 1 for probably the next 10 years.

given is the best keeper in the prem..
he'd be a great signing for us, a keeper like him would save us at least 12 points a season.

coxtheblue said:
forevercity said:
instead of catching, will you all slag the fook out of him like many have done to Joe?

Great keeper for Joe to learn off, not cup tied in Europe either.

Bring on the Given, but city fans will still find a way to criticise him!

Is Joe ok with the prospect of Given coming in?? Would be a g8 keeper to learn off, as you say.

Dont want us to lose hart as he will be an exceptional keeper in 3-4 years.

Hughes has sat Joe down and told him that he wants to bring in a new keeper to help 1st team duties and for him to learn off, Joe is happy with that.

Although, anymore than 3 years as no2, then, IMO, Joe will have to consider his city future

forevercity said:
goat boy said:
On the list, by implied suggestion.

;)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Just pulling your leg, fella ;)

Out of interest, are you able to say where the transfer situation is with regard to a new keeper coming in? Or is it just a case of players being made aware of situations that could be arising, as opposed to *will* be arriving? If you follow what I mean?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.