When I was a lad

urmston said:
Bovril said:
Entrance to the Kippax was 10 Bob at the turnstile.

No it wasn't. I remember it being 40p for my dad and 20p for me, so the Kippax never got as expensive as ten bob (50p) before bobs were abolished by decimal currency.

When I used to go with my dad, I know it was 1/6d ............... Bovril at half-time ............... get "The Pink" from the van outside the main entrance, after the match........... walk back to the car, down the cobbled back streets ........... listen to Eamonn Andrews on Sports Report ..................

I'm startin' to fookin cry, now !!!!!!!

Nestl/es was nestles [pronounced in a propa way]
watch with mother[when did that stop]
pogals wood
trumpton
camberwick green
chigley

1bag of crisps and a can once a week only

3 day week

no computors

pumps that you put on feet [shit-- they are fashon in shops now at daft prices whats that about]

You'd take your bird into Manchester centre on a Saturday, buy a new suit, pair of shoes, couple of shirts and a few ties.

For her it was a new dress, shoes, handbag and all the rest of the crap she wanted.

Then you'd go house hunting, buy a 3 bed semi-detached with gardens back and front and a garage for the new car you'd just bought.

Nightime you'd take her to the flicks, pay for best seats and get fish and chips for two on the way back, stopping for a shag in Southern Cemetary before catching a taxi home.

Sunday morning you'd count your money and realise you still had change left out of the 10/- you went out with on Saturday morning.

The good old days

spogga said:
You'd take your bird into Manchester centre on a Saturday, buy a new suit, pair of shoes, couple of shirts and a few ties.

For her it was a new dress, shoes, handbag and all the rest of the crap she wanted.

Then you'd go house hunting, buy a 3 bed semi-detached with gardens back and front and a garage for the new car you'd just bought.

Nightime you'd take her to the flicks, pay for best seats and get fish and chips for two on the way back, stopping for a shag in Southern Cemetary before catching a taxi home.

Sunday morning you'd count your money and realise you still had change left out of the 10/- you went out with on Saturday morning.

The good old days

I shagged a bird in a cemetery once, a knee trembler against a large upright gravestone.
She had RIP 1912-1958 embossed on her arse for about 6 weeks afterwards!!!!!

Right!!!! I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.