When its international week

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Does anyone else turn off your footballing head?

I used to be a big England fan mainly in since 86, when i could remember the West Germany Argentina final. I would go watching England with the lads when they used to ground share, but since the let down in the last couple of World Cups and European qualifiers and with the players believing to them selves they are bigger than there own country I have really fallen out of love with the national team.

I hate it when the international brake is coming closer because it really messes the league programme up. I have not watched a single game of football since citys last game, have i missed it? no. I don’t even listen to talk sport on the way to work in the morning because all you got is "Ferdinand refuses to speak with Crapello" ffs!!...so its been Radio one for the last 10 days.

Is anyone else like that?

I still support the national team but it hasn't been easy in recent years. I'm encouraged by the last two games though, players looking like they care again and playing with more freedom. Wilshere and to a lesser extent Parker have made a big difference, plus the switch to 4-3-3.

I also enjoy watching the U-21s, U-18s, U-16s, etc., seeing the prospects and we have some quality prospects coming up, including a few from City like Cole, Glendon, and Facey.

Robbo. said:

I used to be a big England fan mainly in since 86, when i could remember the West Germany Argentina final. I would go watching England with the lads when they used to ground share, but since the let down in the last couple of World Cups and European qualifiers and with the players believing to them selves they are bigger than there own country I have really fallen out of love with the national team.

I hate it when the international brake is coming closer because it really messes the league programme up. I have not watched a single game of football since citys last game, have i missed it? no. I don’t even listen to talk sport on the way to work in the morning because all you got is "Ferdinand refuses to speak with Crapello" ffs!!...so its been Radio one for the last 10 days.

this is 100% exactly how i feel, i could have wrote that myself!!!!

weejh said:
Robbo. said:

this is 100% exactly how i feel, i could have wrote that myself!!!!
And me, and this is coming from someone who gets shouted at from the wife cos if i'm driving past a park pitch and there is a game on will stop and watch for a bit.
I didnt watch the Wales game or more than half of the Ghana game, I dont know what it is about England that gets me like thak cos I will watch anything when it comes to footie. Maybe is cos Utd have always had important players in the team for so long?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.