When Will Football Have It's Drug Scandal?

Because there's nothing to see.

Unless you think that an individual player would risk his career for the ability to run around a bit more in the last quarter of games?

Even if that were the case, the rest of the team would have to be doing the same thing for it to have any significant impact on the game.

That would involve everyone at the club from the players to the medical staff keeping quiet.

Either that or every one of them would have to leg it if the testers ever turned up at the training ground.

Perhaps they're just being naive.

I dont want to name names, but there was one ex-City player who was discussed on here quite a lot at the time, who was seen as an up and coming youngster with a degree of talent, but maybe a but lightweight. The lo and behold he reappeared for the new season, having apparently started his own pre-season early, going to a local gym, and he came back considerably and noticeably bulked up, and with the ability to run box to box with incredible powers of recovery and made a much bigger impact in matches for us than he had ever done before. It also raised his profile and his transfer worth - so yes, I do believe players would do it, absolutely. There is quite a bit on money in this sport, and the players can get fairly well paid so I understand. I dont know for certain whether he did anything against the rules but if he did, I'm sure it wasnt part of a co-ordinated club policy with all and sundry 'in the know'. As such, I dont buy the whole club has to always 'keep quiet' as you suggest.
Read some of the books about team sports like cycling - its not true everyone has to be completely in the know in every case.
As for naivety, well, you've used the word... ;-)

I dont want to name names, but there was one ex-City player who was discussed on here quite a lot at the time, who was seen as an up and coming youngster with a degree of talent, but maybe a but lightweight. The lo and behold he reappeared for the new season, having apparently started his own pre-season early, going to a local gym, and he came back considerably and noticeably bulked up, and with the ability to run box to box with incredible powers of recovery and made a much bigger impact in matches for us than he had ever done before. It also raised his profile and his transfer worth - so yes, I do believe players would do it, absolutely. There is quite a bit on money in this sport, and the players can get fairly well paid so I understand. I dont know for certain whether he did anything against the rules but if he did, I'm sure it wasnt part of a co-ordinated club policy with all and sundry 'in the know'. As such, I dont buy the whole club has to always 'keep quiet' as you suggest.
Read some of the books about team sports like cycling - its not true everyone has to be completely in the know in every case.
As for naivety, well, you've used the word... ;-)
Im trying to think of who you mean. Are we talking maybe 7 years ago? An academy player who is still playing at a high level. I can only really think of 1 player. Was good for us for maybe 1 or 2 years

You mean he disagrees with you so you're out.
No,i think i made my stance very clear.

I am prepared to accept all possibilities and sides where this allegation is concerned,he wasn't and thats normally an approach/attitude you associate with a troll.

Thanks for your input though,do you have an opinion on the topic yourself?

Perhaps because that doctor was exposed by the Sunday Times just before they won the title?

There is a story that Ranieri was sacked and the players turned on him because he wouldn't let them go back to doping when it all died a death.

That's the same Sunday Times that bought and published The Hitler Diaries as truth is it?

Youre not getting it are you? The benefits of PED's are huge,as has been explained in several posts in this thread.

Masking such drugs isnt difficult if you find yourself under expert supervision.

The fact that a few players are caught and banned for taking 'diet pills' which are an effective masking agent for other drugs, is enough to make a reasoned judgment that players are cycling PED's. A fucking 25 year old athlete with the best nutrition and dieticians, training and money available needs fat burners to stay trim, bollocks.

The fact that a few players are caught and banned for taking 'diet pills' which are an effective masking agent for other drugs, is enough to make a reasoned judgment that players are cycling PED's. A fucking 25 year old athlete with the best nutrition and dieticians, training and money available needs fat burners to stay trim, bollocks.
Exactly,diuretics are amongst the most easily accessible forms of disguising useage.

As a side topic,what do people think about Barca's use of GH to 'develop' a young Messi? Is that justified? and if so,why?

Im trying to think of who you mean. Are we talking maybe 7 years ago? An academy player who is still playing at a high level. I can only really think of 1 player. Was good for us for maybe 1 or 2 years

The one I had in mind was a midfielder, who also became known for a somewhat flamboyant lifestyle off the pitch IIRC. He may well still be playing, I havent kept up to speed with where he is up to tbh

The one I had in mind was a midfielder, who also became known for a somewhat flamboyant lifestyle off the pitch IIRC. He may well still be playing, I havent kept up to speed with where he is up to tbh
Well,i've racked my brains,but i'm stumped......

It made his hair grow at the same time if I am on the right path. Do I get a "granny" smith or two for being correct ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.