When Will Football Have It's Drug Scandal?

The fact that a few players are caught and banned for taking 'diet pills' which are an effective masking agent for other drugs, is enough to make a reasoned judgment that players are cycling PED's. A fucking 25 year old athlete with the best nutrition and dieticians, training and money available needs fat burners to stay trim, bollocks.

Yes. You can have all the dietitians, training and money available but you're relying on how far your genetics can take you.

Like I said above, I'm a huge MMA fan and I've seen all these defensive arguments before. People saying there's no way the fighters were on drugs. When the UFC implemented the strictest testing in sports...it turns out a hell of a lot of them were on drugs. Either they were caught or you saw their bodies and performance change dramatically.

No,i think i made my stance very clear.
I am prepared to accept all possibilities and sides where this allegation is concerned,he wasn't and thats normally an approach/attitude you associate with a troll.
Thanks for your input though,do you have an opinion on the topic yourself?
Not a conclusive one.
I believe the degree and range of skills required to be a top level player are such that PEDs will only add a very marginal advantage; bit more strength and stamina, and perhaps quicker recovery from injury. If an entire squad was using PEDs then perhaps the total advantage might lead to a few more points over a season. But I can't see an entire squad of players keeping quiet nor can I see the authorities covering up any dodgy test results. They may want to keep the TV companies and other sponsors onside but they'll be aware of the shit-storm that has recently engulfed Russian athletics.
I don't believe I'm in denial about drugs just because I don't want to admit to dragging my bones round the country watching chemically fixed games, I genuinely don't believe it's happening on a significant scale.
However, and I'm prepared to accept this a bloody big "however": The huge amount of cash floating around the periphery of the game, mainly in the betting industries here and abroad, means that we will always have people looking for dodgy events and claiming there's no smoke without fire.
And we know the football authorities can look at two identical incidents and come up with two different verdicts. Perhaps unhelpful drug test results are brushed under the same carpet.

'Muscle Mary's' don't get long bans if they're caught.

Why would a professional footballer risk ruining their career for something that will only give them a negligible advantage, if any advantage at all?
There are many fans of other clubs who post on this forum.
Quite a few are clearly lacking in brain cells.
You sir, really do take the biscuit.You are as naive a footy fan ive ever come across.
I admire you clinging to the long gone memories of Burden Park,but you really do need to wake up.
Ffs.

How would the performance of a footballer be enhanced?

So many different skills are required that you'd need some sort of miracle pill to significantly improve performance.

Being able to run around faster isn't going to make someone a better footballer.
Lol.at.this.post.

Ive spoke to one of my friends about this one who at city when he was 12 - 15 and at preston from 16 - 17 and he tells me it doesn't go on from what he knows, take from that what you will. This is someone and a lot of his team mates who couldn't quite make it who would be more likelier to.

I also think the co-ordination of all parties that would have to take place would inevitably have leaked multiple times by now. I think the odd players do it but there is no way that the clubs have all of this organised. Any ex player, ref, linesman or even a kit man would have come forward by now for some money for a story to the press.

Last edited:
Doping is RIFE in football!

But the sport is so powerful and doesn't want to be knocked off its perch and has the power to hide it.

You ever wonder why players are randomly and mysteriously get an "injury" (that nobody ever remembers from a game and was never reported from training) and aren't seen for ages?

Well, they aren't injured. They're serving drugs bans! But clubs and the governing bodies don't ban the players, they are told to just say they're injured.

Doping is RIFE in football!
But the sport is so powerful and doesn't want to be knocked off its perch and has the power to hide it.
You ever wonder why players are randomly and mysteriously get an "injury" (that nobody ever remembers from a game and was never reported from training) and aren't seen for ages?
Well, they aren't injured. They're serving drugs bans! But clubs and the governing bodies don't ban the players, they are told to just say they're injured.
Seems legit. Just waiting for you to provide the evidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.