when you bought your first house

I've just bought my first house (£280,000) , only been here four months ...... should have stayed where i was!

black mamba said:
I've just bought my first house (£280,000) , only been here four months ...... should have stayed where i was!
Ouch man, that's expensive. And imagine it's not real big...

Me & the Mrs bought our first one a couple of years ago. We weren't really planning on doing so, we were just having a nose around a few properties. We found one we really liked & I half-heartedly put in a bid that was a good £20K below what the house was worth. Next day I got a phone call saying that the owner wanted a quick sale & as long as I could complete in 4 weeks(!) they'd accept the offer. I had literally nothing in place at this time, no deposit, no mortgage, no solicitors, cock all. Exactly 4 weeks later we signed the completion paperwork. Piece of piss!

I was the same last year, wanted a quick sale, got it for a good 10k less than it should have been. Had to get 100% mortgage though as was only 21, but it all went pretty smooth, was in there exactly 4 weeks after offer accepted.

Seems a bit pointless now that im working away for a good few years, but its still there, renting it out, which was also pretty easy.

Bought my first flat (bachelor love nest) nearly 20 years ago for £32,000 the Mortgage was only about £180 a month, happy days back then and it was pretty straight forward. moved a couple times since and the last time, last year, was a fecking nightmare, don't intend on moving for a looooooooooooooooooong time

Just moved in with the gf, renting...

v.expensive, and regretting already!

Roll on 6 months time when I can go back home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.