Where do London Blues watch games?

Nijinsky 8

Hi, since the Blue Anchor closed, can anyone advise as to the best pub/s where most London Blues watch City games?

Thanks

Think most who are not going to game will be at Rileys near Victoria.

Come out of Victoria towards coach station, keep going past coach station and its about 2nd turn on right (think police station on corner)

Just wanted to post a quick "Thank you" to all the Manchester City Supporters that watched today's amazing victory over their Manchester rivals winning 4-1. It is so nice to have a growing group of excellent supporters wearing their shirts cheering on their team here in my venue !!

It was a pleasure to be your host and we very much look forward to the next televised match where I think I might even get my staff wearing the Blue Colours !!

Great team........even better supporters !!

Thanks again from the Manager & Staff @ Rileys Sports Bar in Victoria.

It sounds like Rileys is a good venue and that they looked after us Blues well during the Derby so perhaps this post is redundant before I post it!

I saw this thread before the Pilzen game as I was short of a venue due to my London local being closed for a refurb. On finding out that The City Pride and Blue Anchor are no more I made a call to a City fan with his ear to the ground pubwise and we ended up in a seriously good pub not too far from the Blue Anchor. Its a largish pub with HD screens and they love their beer as much as they do football and have around 8 ales from smaller breweries on at all times.

The pubs the George at 213 Strand (basically at the West end of Fleet St opposite the Royal Courts of Justice - that'll put a few off!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.georgeinthestrand.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.georgeinthestrand.com/</a>

From their website :
"At the George on the Strand we have full Sky Sports and ESPN coverage (now BT). We will show all major sports on our 4 HD screens and we can show multiple games at once in Full HD and sound if requested".

I checked with the bar manager who said that City fans in colours are very welcome to watch matches there. Like a lot of pubs in the 'City' area they see football as a good way of upping trade later on weekday nights and at weekends as most business is done at lunch times and early evening servicing the City Gents (no not Bradford fans!)

This is a seriously good pub serious about its football and definitely worth taking a look at imo - maybe see you there!

CTID

Harder to find pubs with decent (real) ale and Sky tv than it should be, but I agree that the George (WC2R 1AP) does a good job.
10 handpumps now, although a bit of variance away from 4% range wouldn't go amiss, and two watchable screens capable of hosting two games simultaneously. There were probable twenty in a fairly equal split when last there. ~£3.80 a pint, but that's what it is in town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.