Where do people think we sit in terms of club football and the top squads in the world?

Our squad is up there. It's difficult to rank us. For example, Bayern are a better team than us and if we played them 10 times, currently they would beat us more than we beat them... but would I trade squads with them? No. Not a chance.

Maybe 3rd or 4th in terms of our squad, on paper. Certainly top 5, but it's hard to place us as football is not played on paper. We need to really do something in the champions league this season. Then we can see where we are.

On paper i'd say were 4th behind Bayern, Barca and Madrid but we have to prove ourselves in Europe before we can make that claim.

PSG are also very strong on paper and Atletico/Juve/Chelsea are excellent teams who will look to go far in the CL.

Personally would think 4th along with Chelsea after the 3 of barca Madrid and bayern. PSG have a great squad too

For non city fans... I think maybe after this transfer window 5th - 6th, depending where they place Chelsea and psg. The 1st three are constant.

As a think a good CL run or even win in the future will go a long way in changing perception of our club. It already is changing, you can't underestimate how important the Champions League and the owners know it too

Depends on whether we show up and play with some nous. I think we are now in the Top 10 club teams in the world, with a squad that may well be even better than that! What we don't have is the repeated successes that make others put them there.

When ranking teams, it seems that the CL is the be all and end all, even though many clubs have received their prior rankings due to the weakness of their domestic leagues and their dominant financial position in those countries. The new rankings, with actual Champions in Pot 1 will help make it all a tad more interesting.

All of that said, it is easy to look on paper and support what I have said, but the players have to do it on the field in the big games that matter. Unfortunately, for many of us, there have been so many false dawns we almost expect to fall at the first serious hurdle. One of these times, we HAVE TO beat one of the BIG teams in the CL Knockout Stages to get us to the next level. Once you get into the rarefied air, it comes down to who has it over two 90 minute games. English clubs, on the whole, fail to understand the needs presented by that format!

If we turn up and play our best i think 4th or 5th. Barcelona, real madrid, bayern, then us or psg are extremely close. To be honest i think they just squeeze it but would depend on who played better on the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.