Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

It's worrying that the more pessimistic supporters are arguing constructively that all our weaknesses from last season are still there.
Those who think we'll win it, are just saying that we'll win it

My prediction is this, and I apologise for being reserved and sitting on the fence.

We will piss all over the league, and win it in early April, breaking most goalscoring records along the way.

We will not win the league. My prediction is 2nd or 3rd.We are not "a team" such as Chelsea - very strong - Maureen plays his mind games - Pellers seems tactically inept.

Chelsea back 4 are the best in the league - City back 4 are prone to mistakes. Weak at LB and we rely on Sergio being fit for all of our games.
Sterling will give us - what we have been missing for a long time - PACE. Where is Bony ?- is he injured?.
If we lose Jovetic and Dzeko we definitely need another Striker.
Why are the papers saying Wolfsburg have not had any "offers" for KdB.? Are we serious in signing him?.

Sterling
Delph
de Bruyne (hopefully)
Bony for a full season
Iheanacho
Lopes
Denayer
Kompany an Zabba back to their best (hopefully)

We need a quality CM but even if we don't sign one we will be in contention for the title.

It's worrying that the more pessimistic supporters are arguing constructively that all our weaknesses from last season are still there.
Those who think we'll win it, are just saying that we'll win it
I think we'll win it because we have the best front 6 in the league (once KDB is over the line) a goalkeeper who's on the back of a superb season and brimming with confidence and a back four that's going to be drastically improved on last season, not because of any new comings but because I feel Mangala will answer his critics in the same way that Kompany will. Zabaleta won't be as poor as he was last year and although our left back situation could be better, it's not as terrible as some would have you believe.
A lot of players will be hurting from last years performances, they'll have a point to prove. My feeling is they will do in spades and the result will be silverware.

Champions with at least one domestic cup thrown in.

I'm going semi final of the CL as well at least ;-)

I think we'll win it because we have the best front 6 in the league (once KDB is over the line) a goalkeeper who's on the back of a superb season and brimming with confidence and a back four that's going to be drastically improved on last season, not because of any new comings but because I feel Mangala will answer his critics in the same way that Kompany will. Zabaleta won't be as poor as he was last year and although our left back situation could be better, it's not as terrible as some would have you believe.
A lot of players will be hurting from last years performances, they'll have a point to prove. My feeling is they will do in spades and the result will be silverware.

Fair enough, but there's a huge reliance on Kompany staying fit. Otherwise there's an alarming lack of cover, especially when the Champions League kicks-in.

Anything we do manage to achieve this season will be in spite of us having a tactically inept manager in charge and not because of his tactical genius.

I can't believe we haven't binned him after last season, I know why we didn't as we are waiting for Pep next summer.

But I fear we are just in for more of the same old same old high line defensive tactics, which will see us conceed goal after goal and drop points after points. We scored enough goals last season to have won the league we don't need to score more we need to stop them going in at the other end.

Hopefully he has learnt that we must play the same side week in week out, (no rotation except for injury, suspension and form, lets not forget Chelsea played the same back five every game whilst we chopped and changed virtually game by game and it showed), will he do that no chance and we'll have performances that reflect those changes week after week, just like last season.

My worry is just like the end of the Keagan era the players know he's going, we know he's going, he knows he's going and every single day that ticks by is another day that he will have less influence and will be undermined by the shadow that already hangs over him from Bayern.

I just hope the senior players grab our team by the scruff of the neck, put in the performances that they should have last season, and win the league because we have a squad capable of achieving that. If Hart, Silva Yaya, Vinnie, Nasri, Zab and Aguero are on blob for 38 league games we'll win the League and quite easily. If Yaya, Nasri, Zab, and Vinnie have similar seasons to last we'll finish second or third.

I reckon he's 334 days left and counting!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.