Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

that's a bit far-fetched. Utd were way behind last season, and arguably they are weaker now than they were last season whilst City and Arsenal are stronger.

A lot rests on Toure. Can he recover, and if not how do we play without him.

When we played at old trafford last time, they won us because they won the battle in the middle and now they have strengtened that unit. Also, they had a good shot at 2nd or 3rd before Carrick got injured. This showed that Carrick was very key to their good run and now they've gone ahead to sign Schneiderlin, a proven premiership DM to ensure they don't have a repeat of loosing ground because one player is out. I earnestly hope you're right but I'm not seeing it now unless we address the CM void.

Champions!

If, and this is a big IF, the refs, the FA and their roach media won't fuck us over again with offside goals, elbows, free kicks for non fouls, half of the team yellow booked, sending off's, a handful of blatant penalties not conceded, non penos against, and Kun, Merlin and Sterling kicked and fouled all over the pitch.

Relegation battle if the above happens, and set pieces are not sorted.

it could be the last chance saloon for a few of our stalwarts , the likes of vinny,merlin,yaya, zabs,clichy,dinho,dzeko are all approaching 30 years old or more , but i am quietly confident we will win the title this season .But i can also see this team being broken up for 2016/17 , and a massive rebuild of the playing squad with hopefully a few of our academy players making the natural progression to the 1st team.

It's only preseason, But United has looked the most organized of the top 4 teams. And contrary to false claims, they seem to have improved a lot. They've looked dynamic on the ball and resolute without it. They are not very deep at Striker (Rooney and Chicharito) but they are well stock at attacking players with Depay, Mata, Young, Wilson Janujaz and the MJ lookalike. Their middle is well stock with Carrick, Shneiderlien, Herrerra, Blind, Felliani and Shweinsteiger. They got a real RB which solved the weaknes on that side, and they have one rising CB in Smalling and 3 other average ones. The level of resistance and discipline they showed against Barca suggests a team gearing up to play the big boys. They've improved the most in my opinion.

If we get Debruyne, my guess is a 3 way battle to the end. Wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal made it a 4 way. They too have looked decent.

Chelsea have looked the poorest. But I reckon they'll be ready.

I think we win it by 2 or 3 points over United with Chelsea 3rd.

Think its going to be close this season, any one of 4 could win it. Got a feeling this could be Arsenals year with us coming 3rd.
Hope i'm wrong. A few good signings for us though and i would have to review my feeling :)

When we played at old trafford last time, they won us because they won the battle in the middle and now they have strengtened that unit. Also, they had a good shot at 2nd or 3rd before Carrick got injured. This showed that Carrick was very key to their good run and now they've gone ahead to sign Schneiderlin, a proven premiership DM to ensure they don't have a repeat of loosing ground because one player is out. I earnestly hope you're right but I'm not seeing it now unless we address the CM void.
I spent most of last season believing Toure would gradually recover so now I am doubtful, but I would not right him off. He had a horrible Summer 12 months ago.
The Guardian's Jamie Jackson is reporting that PSG offered £28.5m for Di Maria. LVG playing a very stupid game, like Brendan Rodgers. He has turned Utd fans against the player and Valdes, while they are still Utd players.

Schneiderlin was good for Soton, but is he better than Blind/Carrick who played that role?

Depay is the unknown. LVG must be very confident about him because what have Utd got up front? Rooney, who was looking really poor last season, and Depay. I think they must bring in a couple of very big signings to compete. If they don't they will struggle to get 4th.

Answering the original question... Top Two definitely. If we can get De Bruyne and Pogba in then Champions is most definitely on, if not then not so sure as +Sterling/Delph -Jovetic/Dzeko doesn't seem like enough of a step forward versus the Chelsea changes - Arse/Rags are not still good enough over 38 games IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.