where were u when we were 2-0 down to gillingham

I went for a lucky piss and it worked tried again and it seems to have the opposite effect

I was following updates in an internet cafe in Portugal. First update: Taylor Scores. Next: Taylor scores. My first thought...it must be Gareth. Nope. Then: Horlock scores. System crashes....no service. I wander home and sit in a darkened room for 3 hours. Then I called my sister and nephew who had been at Wembley to console them. Wa-hey! All is good in the universe.

sat in a pub in milnrow with a face like thunder.........explaining to my ex that it may be best if everybody left me alone when i got home....ffwd 40minutes............laughing like a lunatic ,covered in beer, wine or whatever with a cigar in my trap. what i would give to feel like that again!!! [ no i don't mean getting promoted from 2nd div]

Sat behind the goal we took the penalties at. Had just sat down, head in hands, and my old man says to me, ''There's still time lad.....'' I just laughed at him and thought dementia was setting in, then Horlock scored.......And then THAT goal from Dickov......goosebumps writing this still.

I still maintain, that if I live to see us lift the European Cup, it won't match the feeling of that day for me. To go from the deepest depths of despair they have ever taken us, to such releif and elation in seconds is simply unbeatable.

I WAS SITTING IN MY DADS HOUSE IN GALWAY AND MY RAG BROTHER WAS THERE AND SAID SOMETHING SMART
SO I KNOCKED HIS LIGHTS OUT

THANK F**K FOR DICKOV

block 107, row 35, seat 19 - the ticket (along with the one for Blackburn a year later) is framed with a signed shirt in the cellar

utterly broken. All that emotion of clawing our way into the play offs, getting through to the final - at Wembley for the 1st time since 85(?) to face Gillingham - a game that not even City could lose surely??

One down - still hope. Two down - no hope.

I left my seat and stood in the concourse underneath, as I just couldnt bear watching Gillingham celebrate winning promotion. I couldnt bear to watch City slump to another season in the 3rd tier.

Heard us pull one back, but too little too late. Stayed where I was. It wasnt going to make a difference now. Then the most beautiful sound ever as the second hit the net.
Ran back up to join the delirium. dancing and hugging men women and children.

Watched the extra time, but as I cant bear to watch penalties, it was back down to the concourse. Stood with a copper who told me as the pens were scored/saved/missed.

If the night out down the West End had been good the night before ( with the soundtrack being the sound of broken glass, and "O Terry Cook, hes not...)- it didnt touch the train journey home, on the supposed dry train. Two TAG coppers walked through as we left London and then just left us to it. Party time

So didnt actually see City score in any way - but it doesnt detract from the memories. Have seen the gaols so often it feels like I witnessed em first hand.

God bless Kev, Paul and Nicky. I dread to think where wed have been if we didnt get that result

Sat next to my mate and Dad whilst my mate was saying "Another
fxxxxxg year in division fxxxxxg two going to shit grounds watching shit fxxxxxg football"-How times can change very quickly!!!!!!

left of goal by corner flag, halfway up, waiting for final whistle, never felt so gutted, then 5 minutes later a completely differant set of emotions, extra time, penalties, that save, the rest is history, they really put us through the mill that day, watching the goals and penalties on youtube a moment ago made the hairs on my neck stand up, what a day and what a memory.
And then that gutless performance yesterday.

CITD says it all doesn't it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.