Where were you 08/08/1998

Was in the Kippax and as @Wreckless Alec said, I was of the thinking that if ever the club needed us as fans, this was the day.

As an exiled Blue living in Norwich, we (me and the wife) left on Friday and stayed overnight in Belper (had a few drinks!!)

On the Saturday, I couldn't wait to get to Maine Road - we were all in the unknown and that first day of the season feeling was too much.

The match as we all know was history, but the sun was shining, Mark and Lard came on the pitch at half time and at 5.00, I was convinced we would piss that tinpot league!!

I was in the Kippax - great season that - I think that I attended more games that season than any other

Driving all the way to Cornwall for a holiday (well my Dad was, I was 15), listening out for updates on the radio. I remember the journey taking forever & it being roasting hot.

For the Fulham game, I remember standing in the door way to a room in a pub in Cornwall that we was in that under 18's were not aloud in to (Like a vault type room) that had the game on a small portable TV. Didn't Fulham have a player called Dirk with a shit tash score?

Was in my usual seat on the Kippax (BB lower), got back from my holiday in wales on the train just in time to go straight to the match, made us come back on an early train so as not to miss it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.