which city game do you most regret missing?

davymcfc said:
That was a cracker. I was devastated when fowler missed the penalty which meant we missed out on the uefa cup. I don't think anyone would give a shit if we were in that now. How times have changed.

LOL! Don't rub it in or anything. To this day, I've still never made every home match in a season. I've missed Napoli, Stoke and Birmingham City this season already...

I know both have already been mentioned but the 10-1 and the 3-4 at spurs are the 2 that still bug me that I missed. As the original question was asked in singular terms I'll plump for the 10-1 as my choice.

peoffrey said:
davymcfc said:
That was a cracker. I was devastated when fowler missed the penalty which meant we missed out on the uefa cup. I don't think anyone would give a shit if we were in that now. How times have changed.

LOL! Don't rub it in or anything. To this day, I've still never made every home match in a season. I've missed Napoli, Stoke and Birmingham City this season already...
I have missed loads this season. Still kept my season card but I have been to about 5 matches since I moved away. Part time supporter I guess.

The 2-1 home win against Chelsea this season. I had quite an important exam at 9am the next morning, couldn't risk not getting back til 1ish and then over-sleeping!

davymcfc said:
peoffrey said:
davymcfc said:
Reading at home when we lost 2-0 in 2007......gutted I missed that one.

I assure you that you missed fuck all that day. From memory, Lita scored around the 80th minute and a good 3/4 of my stand got up and left. Reading then scored again at the end and there was barely a soul left in the home sections. Sad, desperate times.

I regret missing the game against Middlesbrough that would've secured a European spot. I was on for every home game that season for the first time and it sold out. I didn't have a Seasoncard at the time.

what a shit moment that was, i went from 50,000 ft back into my seat again , good penalty, even better save!

6-1 at the Swamp, 4-3 v Spurs FA Cup, 1-0 v Peterborough FA Cup 1981, 2-0 at the Swamp Munich Memorial Match.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
6-1 at the Swamp, 4-3 v Spurs FA Cup, 1-0 v Peterborough FA Cup 1981, 2-0 at the Swamp Munich Memorial Match.

2-1 at the swamp

Not missed many big(?) games over the last 35 years,but did miss the 10-1,had to stay at work that satday,remember listening on the radio and cringing when the last few goals went in.
Made a decision after the semi cup defeat at the swamp to never go that shithole again,I had only missed one since 1976(the rosler fa cup tie when I was in bali),so this year gave my ticket to a blue mate ......was tad pissed off not to have gone another 2 years before making my decision!

Which city game do you most regret missing ?

Newcastle 68 -dad said I was too young at 6.Want to go next week in his memory.Colin Bells return on Boxing Day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.