Which of our Youngsters will make it with us?

km09

Have we got any youngsters likey to make it with us anytime soon? i know weve seen the likes of Lopes, Pozo, Boyata get a chance from the eds but none look good enough, Are we going to have somone come into the team from the eds and make a big Impact like Micah Richards , Michael Johnson, Stephen Ireland, will we see a 17/18 year old from our eds get a good run in our team and make it with us? Wouldnt it be fantastic to actually have our own homegrown Star instead of splashing ridiculous money on other youngsters

I'd put money on Lopes, Denayer, Garcia and Faour. The rest all have varying chances but I'm not so sure.

It is a very tough question as there are various factors involved for any youngster to make it into our side and none of us can say with any certainty who will be the players.

aguero93:20 said:
I'd put money on Lopes, Denayer, Garcia and Faour. The rest all have varying chances but I'm not so sure.

First vote of confidence I have seen for Faour! Skillful player but not really making any impact for the 18's as yet.

What about Maffeo, Angelino , Adarybio (spelling!) Celina, Barker, Ambrose, Bryan,Pozo, Fofana. We will find out in the next few years but there is definitely some quality coming through.

Lopes will if he stops getting injured and keeps developing. He has the technique and footballing intelligence to play at a very high level. People say sign Barkley for 30-40m, but I think this boy could be better in the years to come as an attacking midfielder. Pozo is similarly talented but still a way behind Lopes in his development and needs to go on loan. And I doubt there are many 18-year-old left-backs around better than Angelino but again, everything comes down to the transition to the senior game. Lopes' transition has started well at Lille between injuries... as has Denayer's at Celtic. I was so impressed by Evans today too, but friendlies can be deceiving. Would like to see him in the cup.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
aguero93:20 said:

First vote of confidence I have seen for Faour! Skillful player but not really making any impact for the 18's as yet.

What about Maffeo, Angelino , Adarybio (spelling!) Celina, Barker, Ambrose, Bryan,Pozo, Fofana. We will find out in the next few years but there is definitely some quality coming through.

He's what, a 16 year old striker playing at u18? He qualifies for u16,how good is he there? :) The lad will be one of the top 5 in the world if we coach him right, his instincts and ability are amazing. As for the other 3, Garcia has talent coming out his arse and Denayer and Lopes have the attitude required mixed with shitloads of ability. Don't think anyone else is as talented as Faour and Garcia, not too sure whether they'll have the ethic and attitude required as they get older. Just my opinion though and probably not that accurate :)

LoveCity said:
Lopes will if he stops getting injured and keeps developing. He has the technique and footballing intelligence to play at a very high level. People say sign Barkley for 30-40m, but I think this boy could be better in the years to come as an attacking midfielder. Pozo is similarly talented but still a way behind Lopes in his development and needs to go on loan. And I doubt there are many 18-year-old left-backs around better than Angelino but again, everything comes down to the transition to the senior game. Lopes' transition has started well at Lille between injuries... as has Denayer's at Celtic. I was so impressed by Evans today too, but friendlies can be deceiving. Would like to see him in the cup.

If Barkley ends up at City, we will have grossly over paid for him if the reputed figures are to be believed. I see nothing in Barkley to make me think he is anything but woefully over rated. Typical English hype and fuck all substance. The comparison's with 'Gazza' that I have read, are just nonsense.

As you say, better off giving Lopes a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.