Which of our Youngsters will make it with us?

twosips said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
When I see someone like grealish playing for villa, playing well. Id say we have players just as talented who could be playing.

And you're 100% right. Celina and Boadu, just to name two, would be able to do just as good a job at least if they were playing in the same role he had tonight.

But lets get it right,Villa are a lower premier league side and we are a top 4 title challenging side. 10 years ago some of our kids would probably have had first team football like Grealish for Villa. If Grealish was at City he wouldn't get a sniff because he isn't good enough. We definitely have better.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
twosips said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
When I see someone like grealish playing for villa, playing well. Id say we have players just as talented who could be playing.

And you're 100% right. Celina and Boadu, just to name two, would be able to do just as good a job at least if they were playing in the same role he had tonight.

But lets get it right,Villa are a lower premier league side and we are a top 4 title challenging side. 10 years ago some of our kids would probably have had first team football like Grealish for Villa. If Grealish was at City he wouldn't get a sniff because he isn't good enough. We definitely have better.

Point is they wouldn't embarrass themselves if they did get a chance, as Grealish proved, and they might even do something good. Blooding them every now and then isn't this mental risk that some would have us believe

---------------------Gunn--------------------
Maffeo --Denayer--Rekik--Angelino
-------------Zuculini--Byrne-------------
Lopes------------Pozo-----------Barker
------------------Ambrose-----------------

Seko Fofana and Devante Cole too.

Nobody can tell me there isn't talented young football players at this club.

From next season, some of these need to be introducted into the first team squad. Marcos Lopes and Jason Denayer are clearly good enough.

twosips said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
twosips said:

Point is they wouldn't embarrass themselves if they did get a chance, as Grealish proved, and they might even do something good. Blooding them every now and then isn't this mental risk that some would have us believe

It could be the difference between 3pts and 1pt or 1pt and no points. That could lose you the title. I'm afraid it is a big risk which is why we've not seen it. The players will get loan time to establish themselves and gain confidence, then they'll be trusted for us. It's different in attacking areas but in the central midfield or defensive roles we're unlikely to see the academy players given a chance in random games.

------------------Gunn--------------------
Maffeo --Denayer----Tosin--Angelino
-----------------Ntcham---------------
----------Garcia---------Boadu--------
-------Lopes------------------Barker---
-----------------Ambrose------------

supercity88 said:
twosips said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

It could be the difference between 3pts and 1pt or 1pt and no points. That could lose you the title. I'm afraid it is a big risk which is why we've not seen it. The players will get loan time to establish themselves and gain confidence, then they'll be trusted for us. It's different in attacking areas but in the central midfield or defensive roles we're unlikely to see the academy players given a chance in random games.

Or the difference in getting knocked out of the cup or not getting knocked out of the cup? Oh wait our reserves got us knocked out anyway by playing with absolutely no heart or effort at all. Playing Kolarov or Yaya on one of his shit days could also be the difference between 3pts or 1 or none. Any of them could fuck up. I don't think the kids, coming on while the team are in a comfortable position, are so woefully bad that they'll cause us to collapse and concede two or three all of a sudden, and if the team does then thats the experienced pros fault for being shit bags, not the kid's. They're good and intelligent and deserve chances every now and then. Otherwise we'll be fucked by FFP every year.

FantasyIreland said:

Nice team that mate.

I would have Jack Byrne in over Ntcham, he has a better passing range in that position and for me is an overall better player.

To be honest I don't rate Ntcham at all and think he gets by being physicallly superior to most at this age group.

sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:

Nice team that mate.

I would have Jack Byrne in over Ntcham, he has a better passing range in that position and for me is an overall better player.

To be honest I don't rate Ntcham at all and think he gets by being physicallly superior to most at this age group.

In terms of sheer balance I'd have Bryan in too for Ntcham and Celina is currently better than Garcia I think. Either way we're blessed with talent.

I wasn't so sure about Ntcham initially but i like him. He's grown on me.

Cheers Sam,exciting times!

Ntcham,after a bit of regression,is beginning to blossom again,hopefully we will see that tonight! I agree though,its a tough call between him,Byrne and Bryan.

Garcia will be a diamond imo but he is still very young......the above are currently developing at differing rates but every component of that team would come into its own in about 3 years imo.A couple will probably move on but a series of loans will hopefully keep the majority content and develop them accordingly.

FantasyIreland said:
Cheers Sam,exciting times!

Ntcham,after a bit of regression,is beginning to blossom again,hopefully we will see that tonight! I agree though,its a tough call between him,Byrne and Bryan.

Garcia will be a diamond imo but he is still very young......the above are currently developing at differing rates but every component of that team would come into its own in about 3 years imo.A couple will probably move on but a series of loans will hopefully keep the majority content and develop them accordingly.
And by all accounts the U18's aren't even the most exciting age group. FFP can go whistle, the future really is Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.