Which other club's transfers surprise you?

Utd's lack of action, well inability to attract even average players. I knew they would struggle for the top fellas but they seem to be on their 3-4th choices and still getting asked for silly money or rejected etc. Yes there is a great deal of fun to be had with that knowledge but also genuine surprise, i assumed they could get players like Peresic pretty easy tbh. I suppose i am just noting my genuine surprise how far their stock has fallen.

Everton seem to be getting on with business but could possibly ruin it all if the paper reports of Rooney going are true.

United will get Perisic and Morata, it's just that they'll end up paying closet to €140m than the €90-100m they wanted.

They tried to low ball Inter with a €30m offer for Perisic knowing that inter needed money for FFP. They sold other players, so now that'll be €50m.

Morata is going to be so expensive, I think Perez is waiting for Lukaku to move so he has a reference price.

United will get Perisic and Morata, it's just that they'll end up paying closet to €140m than the €90-100m they wanted.

They tried to low ball Inter with a €30m offer for Perisic knowing that inter needed money for FFP. They sold other players, so now that'll be €50m.

Morata is going to be so expensive, I think Perez is waiting for Lukaku to move so he has a reference price.

Would this point to Woodwards lack of nouse in transfers/knowing the system regarding the Peresic low ball? That situation stands out to me where another possibly smarter negotiator could have seen that Inter would find a way to balance the books so make a less insulting initial offer? From what you say Inter are going to put a 'twat tax' on any transfer to utd now, i would if i were them and i hope they do :-D

The transfer market prices at the moment are just plain silly. Some of the money paid out for just above average players is nuts and some of the valuations beyond belief. All the best players are going to top teams like Madrid and Barcelona anyhow. Premier league teams are being held to ransom. I'd give youth a chance over paying something daft like 70 million for Morata.

The transfer market prices at the moment are just plain silly. Some of the money paid out for just above average players is nuts and some of the valuations beyond belief. All the best players are going to top teams like Madrid and Barcelona anyhow. Premier league teams are being held to ransom. I'd give youth a chance over paying something daft like 70 million for Morata.
If you're going to pay 70m for Morata, you might as well go all out for Kane or Lukaku. For a striker, he's hardly prolific. At Juventus he scored 27 in 93 games, and in his first season back at Real Madrid he scored a respectable 20 in 43. But one decent scoring season at the best team in the world hardly puts him in the world class bracket that 70m would suggest. Kane and Lukaku have both done it for 3 seasons now and both have the advantage of being home grown.

I'm surprised that anyone thinks Kane would consider joining the scum for one second!

If you're going to pay 70m for Morata, you might as well go all out for Kane or Lukaku. For a striker, he's hardly prolific. At Juventus he scored 27 in 93 games, and in his first season back at Real Madrid he scored a respectable 20 in 43. But one decent scoring season at the best team in the world hardly puts him in the world class bracket that 70m would suggest. Kane and Lukaku have both done it for 3 seasons now and both have the advantage of being home grown.
Yep. In this silly market though Kane would be valued at 150 million. This window is a mad market for the insane.

Would this point to Woodwards lack of nouse in transfers/knowing the system regarding the Peresic low ball? That situation stands out to me where another possibly smarter negotiator could have seen that Inter would find a way to balance the books so make a less insulting initial offer? From what you say Inter are going to put a 'twat tax' on any transfer to utd now, i would if i were them and i hope they do :-D

No, I think he just saw an opportunity to do a clever move and Inter responded in a way which showed how much they value Perisic. If Inter had failed to find buyers then they could have been forced into selling Perisic cheaply.

Kane is not for sale, and Lukaku's asking price is £100m.

I am wondering how AC Milan can suddenly buy all those players without violating FFP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.