Which result disappointed you the most

Bluekiwi

Team supported
Manchester City (from 1955) & Adelaide Crows (AFL)
Forgetting the games that relegated us and the last minute (rigged) games that we lost to the rags the most disappointing for me was the 1981 cup final.

The spuds got an unlucky deflection to equalise in the first game and then the spuds' Argentines turned on a great performance in the replay to steal the cup. Joe Corrigan, man of the match in both games deserved a winners medal. I watched both games on TV in NZ and had to go to work at the end of the replay.

When I saw the thread title this was the first game that popped in my head.
Fact that we never got close to winning something for over 25 years after that made it worse.

City Wigan FA cup final.

Totally abject display by the players and the Mancini sacking going on behind the scenes was just awful

United away in the cup last minute Rooney winner - I know you said none against the rags but I'm going for it anyway.
Wigan in the cup final
Boro when fowler missed the pen and we missed out on Europe
Hamburg at home- I was convinced we were going to Istanbul

All of the above, plus the boro 0-8 under Sven, and various early cup exits to shite teams in the last 20 years.

City Wigan FA cup final.

Totally abject display by the players and the Mancini sacking going on behind the scenes was just awful

That one still pisses me off. Players downing tools and Mancini getting the sack was a double kick in the bollocks.

The Liverpool league cup semi-final when Richards 'handled' the ball and this season City 1 v 3 Chelsea when we absolutely dominated for most of the game but couldn't score the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.