Which result disappointed you the most

That FA Cup QF with West Ham was a good shout. Aside from the Tottenham QF that I was a bit too young to really appreciate, this was the closest I had ever seen us come to a trophy win. I had school the next day and some fat red bastard "mate" brought in one of those newspaper posters from the MEN advert boards and laid it on my desk before class. Even my teacher that didn't really like me or football told him he had gone too far - on the off chance you're lurking Tom R, i'm glad your FCUM glory train has slowed down you turncoat waste of sperm. Phew, i'll sleep tonight ;)

After last weeks results and Liverpool Arsenal losing today, the 2-2 with Tottenham has seriously started to piss me off!!!

I found the ginger ones winning goal more annoying. We had the ball then 5 seconds later we have been beaten!

Having said that when Vassell missed the pen under Pearce when we hadn't scored for months I went fucking ballistic.

I had an out of body experience with the Vassell penalty miss. It had been a truly desparate season and part of me wanted the horse hair vest as a badge of honour. I'd missed the new years day game against everton and hadn't seen us score a goal that counted since november (i think we got a consolation goal in december but hadn't scored since the everton match. I was so numb with the football that I didn't seem to care about losing to them. My daughter uses that season as her defence mechanism when she's accused of being a glory hunter - we saw 8 goals in 18 games. Vassell was never going to increase that to 9. I'd have had more confidence if Clichy was taking it.

I had an out of body experience with the Vassell penalty miss. It had been a truly desparate season and part of me wanted the horse hair vest as a badge of honour. I'd missed the new years day game against everton and hadn't seen us score a goal that counted since november (i think we got a consolation goal in december but hadn't scored since the everton match. I was so numb with the football that I didn't seem to care about losing to them. My daughter uses that season as her defence mechanism when she's accused of being a glory hunter - we saw 8 goals in 18 games. Vassell was never going to increase that to 9. I'd have had more confidence if Clichy was taking it.

It was quite amazing we stayed up that season. The games at home were that dull I spent most of them reading the programme

Agreed.

Backing the players against the manager was a disaster.
Yes, we bounced back the following season but it directly led directly to the last 2 & 1/2 seasons of relative failure. Something we are yet to fully recover from.

Agreed totally.

3-2 QPR 2012

I had it all planned, nice easy win, first title, out all day and night celebrating creating fantastic memories.

Instead i was that drained from the emotions i was in bed by 8pm. Probably didn't help having two hours kip having a unofficial title party the night before!

But in all seriousness the Carling Cup semi defeat to Utd. I thought no matter how rich we were or what players we had, we would never get one over them, how wrong was i!

Wigan FA Cup final.

I've just about manage to wipe this from my memory. Apart from the goal, which is unavoidable, I've not watched 1 second of this game again and can't remember anything about the match except the goal

Chelski at home this season. Not really for the result, but for the fact that for me it confirmed without doubt that a match official had clearly influenced the outcome of a game for reasons other than complete and utter incompetence.

FA Cup game against Blackburn under Pearce, the Champions League semi final against Real Madrid took some beating as well.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.