Which result disappointed you the most

Before I started attending games regularly it was the '81 replay. Was utterly distraught after that.

As a match-going fan, it's difficult to look past the 2-4 against Spurs in the '93 quarter final. I honestly got carried away with the idea that we might be going all the way - Alan Hansen tipped us for the cup back in the 3rd round which added credence to it for me. We won away at QPR in the 4th round which I seem to remember was their first home FA Cup defeat in 13 years. Then for the QF tie, Nick Baby who had arguably been their best player that season, didn't play as he was off playing in some youth tournament for England but it counted for fuck all in the end.

The 1-0 defeat in the 5th round against Notts County in '91 is up there too.

Some of those late defeats to United have been hard to stomach.

Bit of an obscure one - the 2-1 defeat at Birmingham in December '97 when they scored 2 injury time goals.

West ham cup quarter at home was particularly depressing. Dean Ashton destroyed us.
Remember thinking after that game that I would never see city win a trophy. Thoroughly, thoroughly hopeless time.

That's a good shout, very hard to take that we barely raised a shot in anger in the 2nd leg, too many seemed overawed by the occasion, especially the manager!

I wouldn't say overawed as such (Real didn't take us apart in the semi) but a lack of extra motivation (more than likely down to Pellegrini leaving at the end of the season and the players ) that pissed me off

Last edited:
We were fa cup holders playing in the 4th rd at Trafford 1970 they destroyed us 3 nil 2 from kiddo 1 from Morgan, about 500 of us walked out with 20 mins to go, some real tasty lads in that mob, was so pissed off as the cnuts were passing us on the open platform buses taking the piss as we marched in mass towards town, then 4 bus full passed and the lights turned to red, so nice so sweet vengeance was ours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.