Who are bbc one broadcasting to?

urban genie

Now I know with bbc 1-4
Radio 1- 4, 5 live and 6 music, bbc asia and the regional channels

True that the bbc reach a large demographic, but bbc one as the flagship channel who are they making these programs for?

After watching this mornings (and every weeks tbf) bbc breakfast and listening to the shite they prioritise and the banalness of presenter like Charlie Strayt (think this mornings discussion on fish and chips where he said he would never use such words as "chippy tea" and pulled his face at the thought of curry sauce on chips did it).
The one show, Sat evening TV, all the wank stuff on sunday, the most dullest sport in the world RU, and wimbledon, bbc news really ignoring a lot of important news but able.to tell us it's snowed alot. and endless other crap

It may be the most middle class and pointless channel on telly.

The cunts have even stopped showing panorama every week.

Last edited:
It's very noticeable that the morning news is turning into a half hearted shit version on Hello or some similar magazine.

The days of Bill Turnball sadly are long gone.

What i hate about the limp wristed twats is, you have to jump through hoops not to receive but can be liable to a charge for the ability to watch it(I know not technically true) Or at least is what the licensing authority will have you believe. It's akin to putting Fish, chips and mushy peas on a fat fuckers table(mine) without it being rquested and charging him/me for it if i dont make every effort not to eat it

I've said this before about the BBC and even some of their execs have admitted it. They have no need to chase ratings. They're funded independently of subscriptions and advertising. They should be focusing ontheir core objectives which are to entertain, infrom and educate yet they've turned into ITV/Sky.

You can see that clearly at BBC Sport where they relentlessly focus on the rags and Liverpool, even to the point that if just us and the rags are playing on a sunday, we won't get a mention on stations like 5 Live or afterwards, even on the local news programme. I'd love it for a new DG to come in and say "Fuck this ratings/clickbait shit. We're focusing on high-quality again".

BBC one is a big fat pile of shite with the odd gem hidden away - usually the wildlife and travel documentaries. The One Show? What is the fucking point? The average episode will contain one guest who last appeared on TV in 1997 and some old American fart who is over on holiday, and then stories about random shit like a husky trainer in Alaska followed by tadpole distribution in the streams of Rutland.

BBC one is a big fat pile of shite with the odd gem hidden away - usually the wildlife and travel documentaries. The One Show? What is the fucking point? The average episode will contain one guest who last appeared on TV in 1997 and some old American fart who is over on holiday, and then stories about random shit like a husky trainer in Alaska followed by tadpole distribution in the streams of Rutland.

Blue Peter for adults

Saturday Kitchen can fuck off too.

think this is what is annoying about bbc

Ready steady cook was a success and since they saturate the channel with cookery shows, how many times do I need to know how to make ham hock or bread ffs, then because thy have some cooks on contract they will pop up on everything else like the one show.
But they do it with strictly, and stick len goodman on any old shite, and auction shows, one worked so they have bargain hunt, cash in the attic, etc. have a fucking original idea rather than regurgatate a format several times because ot worked once.

Oh and pointless is shite

Last edited:
The BBC as an institution, is on the way out.
The days of being preached to with only a handful of channels are over, with streaming, you tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. people can watch what they want, and they seem to be doing it, switching off what they don’t like, and watching either their own tailored selection, and whatever the algorithm thinks they might like, the problem is that there’s not the mass shared experience anymore, and people’s views are becoming more polarised as they watch more and more of whatever is suggested.
Even the BBC have resorted to doctoring images to suit their agenda, photoshopping Corbyn’s hat to look more “Russian” which frankly is disgraceful for a publicly funded station.

Just trying to think of what’s been on BBC one that I have enjoyed over the last year and it isn’t much. Blue Planet 2, Taboo, McMafia, MOTD and that’s about it.
Can’t even include Peaky Blinders as that’s on BBC 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.