Who are bbc one broadcasting to?

Now I know with bbc 1-4
Radio 1- 4, 5 live and 6 music, bbc asia and the regional channels

True that the bbc reach a large demographic, but bbc one as the flagship channel who are they making these programs for?

After watching this mornings (and every weeks tbf) bbc breakfast and listening to the shite they prioritise and the banalness of presenter like Charlie Strayt (think this mornings discussion on fish and chips where he said he would never use such words as "chippy tea" and pulled his face at the thought of curry sauce on chips did it).
The one show, Sat evening TV, all the wank stuff on sunday, the most dullest sport in the world RU, and wimbledon, bbc news really ignoring a lot of important news but able.to tell us it's snowed alot. and endless other crap

It may be the most middle class and pointless channel on telly.

The cunts have even stopped showing panorama every week.

They rob the public silly with their illegal tv tax, while fooling the public with one-off programs like David Attenborough and this earth stuff. Don't get me wrong, these are excellent programs, but bear in mind, the next person you hear use that as an excuse as to why the BBC needs these funds to make these one-offs, they make more money in disc sales.

...smaller numbers, year on year.

They've lost the majority of LIVE televised sport, to the point where they now only have
Wimbledon (yawn)
A handful of Rugby games of either code
A handful of FA Cup games
Snooker (for 3 weeks a year on BBC2)
The Olympics/Commonwealth (which they can't lose, as ITV arent interested)
and 2 days of US Masters golf (BBC 2)
and the World Cup/Euros.
Saturday afternoons are just "rinse and repeat" of daytime TV.

At least they've not plummeted the depths of showing women's cricket/rugby/football, to cover the diversity remit, but I won't hold my breath

So, BBC1 is then boiled down to
EastEnders
Doctor FOOKING Who (a horror film for 14 year olds and saddos)
Dull Saturday night "epics" like Troy
Tuesday night is murder night
Cookery shite on a primetime slot
Casualty/Holby City
....and joy of joys. This Friday night, Sport Relief. Davina fucking McCall/Gaby Logan et al, telling me to give up my dosh for druggies, Africa, no ta.

The BBC lost it's relevance years ago.

People with the memories of a goldfish if the sheer amount of repeats are anything to go by.

...smaller numbers, year on year.

They've lost the majority of LIVE televised sport, to the point where they now only have
Wimbledon (yawn)
A handful of Rugby games of either code
A handful of FA Cup games
Snooker (for 3 weeks a year on BBC2)
The Olympics/Commonwealth (which they can't lose, as ITV arent interested)
and 2 days of US Masters golf (BBC 2)
and the World Cup/Euros.
Saturday afternoons are just "rinse and repeat" of daytime TV.

At least they've not plummeted the depths of showing women's cricket/rugby/football, to cover the diversity remit, but I won't hold my breath

So, BBC1 is then boiled down to
EastEnders
Doctor FOOKING Who (a horror film for 14 year olds and saddos)
Dull Saturday night "epics" like Troy
Tuesday night is murder night
Cookery shite on a primetime slot
Casualty/Holby City
....and joy of joys. This Friday night, Sport Relief. Davina fucking McCall/Gaby Logan et al, telling me to give up my dosh for druggies, Africa, no ta.

The BBC lost it's relevance years ago.

But you have just described every tv channel.

I would imagine you, like everyone else, picks and chooses their tv from a multitude of sources...be it C4, BBC, UKTV, History, Netflicks, Amazon, Sky, BT and...spit...ITV.

To name one that is shite when they all do the same is misleading. The licence fee is £147 a year. Or 40p a day. Or 2.80 a week. or around 11 quid a month. For BBC1, BB2, BBC4, all the radio you can eat, the local radio stations, Iplayer, BBC 3 online etc etc...

Compare that to Sky. If you want their output it's nearly 100 quid a month for channels and channels of repeats. Have you watched Sky Sports during the day/ evening when there's no football about? Paul Scoles 100 prem goals. How the 1998 Ryder Cup was won. Badminton from the New Zealand Open...

Or ITV which shuts down after 10pm for gaming phone in programmes.

For all of the BBC's faults, and it has many, a lot of it's output is quite frankly brilliant. From Asian music to old dears antique hunting it aims to do what it's brief is. TV/ Radio to the masses. For the masses. And largely it succeeds.

Oh...and Ad free.

But you have just described every tv channel.

I would imagine you, like everyone else, picks and chooses their tv from a multitude of sources...be it C4, BBC, UKTV, History, Netflicks, Amazon, Sky, BT and...spit...ITV.

To name one that is shite when they all do the same is misleading. The licence fee is £147 a year. Or 40p a day. Or 2.80 a week. or around 11 quid a month. For BBC1, BB2, BBC4, all the radio you can eat, the local radio stations, Iplayer, BBC 3 online etc etc...

Compare that to Sky. If you want their output it's nearly 100 quid a month for channels and channels of repeats. Have you watched Sky Sports during the day/ evening when there's no football about? Paul Scoles 100 prem goals. How the 1998 Ryder Cup was won. Badminton from the New Zealand Open...

Or ITV which shuts down after 10pm for gaming phone in programmes.

For all of the BBC's faults, and it has many, a lot of it's output is quite frankly brilliant. From Asian music to old dears antique hunting it aims to do what it's brief is. TV/ Radio to the masses. For the masses. And largely it succeeds.

Oh...and Ad free.

Question was about bbc one, which is very tired and very middle class.

The politics shows are very dumbed down and follow a broadsheet unchallenging narative
The sports they have opted to keep are watched by a small demographic amd tge money paid for F1 highlight and the 6 nations could have secured the smallest premier league package and brough the national game back to teresteral tv.
They don't even try to secure the national team rights .
Same goes for the cricket
shows about antiques is good 10-20 is lazy tv
See above in regard to cookery shows.
Magazine style shows like bbc breakfast and the one show.
saturday night drivel
Sunday after 12pm a write off.

Nature programs and a couple of dramas are worth a watch, but generally BBC 1 is pretty shite

Question was about bbc one, which is very tired and very middle class.

The politics shows are very dumbed down and follow a broadsheet unchallenging narative
The sports they have opted to keep are watched by a small demographic amd tge money paid for F1 highlight and the 6 nations could have secured the smallest premier league package and brough the national game back to teresteral tv.
They don't even try to secure the national team rights .
Same goes for the cricket
shows about antiques is good 10-20 is lazy tv
See above in regard to cookery shows.
Magazine style shows like bbc breakfast and the one show.
saturday night drivel
Sunday after 12pm a write off.

Nature programs and a couple of dramas are worth a watch, but generally BBC 1 is pretty shite

What are you comparing it to?

ITV?
SKY 1?
Channel 4?

There's nothing about that matches it's output.

In one day you can see houses being looked at, fish being cooked, women being woo'd, babies being born...as much as I agree with you I would say that BBC 1 is the best of a rather bland bunch. No other channel comes close to it.

What are you comparing it to?

ITV?
SKY 1?
Channel 4?

There's nothing about that matches it's output.

In one day you can see houses being looked at, fish being cooked, women being woo'd, babies being born...as much as I agree with you I would say that BBC 1 is the best of a rather bland bunch. No other channel comes close to it.

I am judging it on itself, most tv channels are banal, but I can choose to pay for Sky, Virgin, Amazon prime, Netflix, not forced to, secondly there is room for anitiques/auction shows but when a schedule can be

9am cash in the attic
10am bargin hunt
11am antiques hunters
12pm homes under the hammer.

It's the repetitiveness of it that is bobbins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.