Who are bbc one broadcasting to?

But you have just described every tv channel.

I would imagine you, like everyone else, picks and chooses their tv from a multitude of sources...be it C4, BBC, UKTV, History, Netflicks, Amazon, Sky, BT and...spit...ITV.

To name one that is shite when they all do the same is misleading. The licence fee is £147 a year. Or 40p a day. Or 2.80 a week. or around 11 quid a month. For BBC1, BB2, BBC4, all the radio you can eat, the local radio stations, Iplayer, BBC 3 online etc etc...

Compare that to Sky. If you want their output it's nearly 100 quid a month for channels and channels of repeats. Have you watched Sky Sports during the day/ evening when there's no football about? Paul Scoles 100 prem goals. How the 1998 Ryder Cup was won. Badminton from the New Zealand Open...

Or ITV which shuts down after 10pm for gaming phone in programmes.

For all of the BBC's faults, and it has many, a lot of it's output is quite frankly brilliant. From Asian music to old dears antique hunting it aims to do what it's brief is. TV/ Radio to the masses. For the masses. And largely it succeeds.

Oh...and Ad free.
Yes, I get what you're saying re value for money, compared to Sky (thank God for Kodi, Live Net, Mobdro etc), but a quick glance at the Beeb's output, from the moment Breakfast goes off, to when Fiona Bruce reads the 6 o'clock news, just shows how far they've fallen. Homes Under the Hammer, a couple of fly on the wall docs, Bargain Hunt, Doctors, Escape to the Country, Money for Nothing, Flog It. That's taking the piss. Banal shite, all of it And it's the same on Saturday and Sunday, too. They might as well save their money, and show a few old b&w old films (School for Scoundrels, etc), instead of showing this tosh.
Then, after the news, you have
The One Show... Nationwide, 40 years on.
Murder mysteries/ Crime dramas on a Tuesday night, with Sarah Lancashire gazing into the middle distance, every 2 minutes.
It's been like this for years.

When you look at the sport they've lost since the early 90's
Old League Division One games
Top name boxing bouts
Open Golf, Ryder Cup and a few other tour events
Test Match cricket and county one day games.
Yes, these have all been lost to Sky, but I don't think the Beeb even put up a fight to keep them.
Then there's
Horse racing to C4 and now ITV
Formula One (to ITV now Sky and C4)
Darts to Sky and even C4 and ITV4
Athletics international meets
There's probably more.

I get that we also have their internet site,national and local radio, BBC4 and 2 kids channels, but BBC1, their flagship channel, isn't fit for purpose (imo)

Its very very rare we ever even put BBC1 on these days. Wife watches eastenders which I really cannot bare so she watches it all on catch up when I’m not in. Very rarely even bother with match of the day these days.

But they've still got the boat race haven't they?
Not sure why they get so excited about it as the same two teams keep getting to the final.

It's not the Beeb that drives this banality but the general public. People can't be arsed with thought provoking programmes any more but lap up tedious shite on a regular basis.

Sitting on their DFS sale sofas in their lounging suits in front of a fake brick feature wall whilst a huge tele broadcast's utter dross which they digest whilst flicking through a phone/ tablet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.