Who do Sports Journalists support ?

dennistueartismyhero said:
Jamie Jackson is a forest fan, had a decent chat sitting next to him on the flight to munich recently.

That has to be a lie, probably chose them as he was covering a City game. He is horrendous, one of the worst of the lot. Pretty much every article he writes about City he manages to somehow get a reference to United in.

His pieces on United (especially his coverage of the last 2 preseasons) were quite frankly embarrassing.

You can add to the Guardian

Barry Glendenning and Jonathon Wilson both Sunderland fans.
and
David Conn is a City fan.

AucklandBlue said:
Jamie Jackson is a forest fan, had a decent chat sitting next to him on the flight to munich recently.

That has to be a lie, probably chose them as he was covering a City game. He is horrendous, one of the worst of the lot. Pretty much every article he writes about City he manages to somehow get a reference to United in.

His pieces on United (especially his coverage of the last 2 preseasons) were quite frankly embarrassing.

You can add to the Guardian

Barry Glendenning and Jonathon Wilson both Sunderland fans.
and
David Conn is a City fan.

Seeing that City "sold its soul" in 2008,I`m surprised he still follows us !!

Interesting one this. I recall a conversation I had some time back with our very own Susan Bookbinder (a huge Blue) and she told me that the press is overwhelmingly full of fans of the London teams or the Rags and Scousers. It does seem when one of our own gets air time and defends City (ie Buzzer) they don't get invited back. Even Niall Quinn gets a dig in occasionally sadly. As for the comments regarding Lee Dixon? yes he was a boyhood City fan but even by his own admission he is more a supporter of Arsenal these days. Talking of ex Arsenal players I have been reliably informed that Alan Smith despite being a brummie is a City fan as his boyhood idol was Colin Bell. Can anyone confirm this?

Why does it matter? They're all click craving media whores now. I met a decent journo once, class above these cunts.

Having listened to Chris Evan's Breakfast show over the last few days, it would appear that Mr. Ferris is a Southampton fan. Been getting a mention in for them at every opportunity especially after the weekend.

AucklandBlue said:

This! Think it was after we beat Norwich 7-0, last year that he managed to shoehorn United into the reports FIVE times - three in the first two parahraphs.

mad4city said:
AucklandBlue said:

This! Think it was after we beat Norwich 7-0, last year that he managed to shoehorn United into the reports FIVE times - three in the first two parahraphs.

It's beyond ridiculous, of course he managed to mention them in his report of tonight's game.

"Zoran Tosic, once of Manchester United"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.