Who do you want promoted from the Championship?

Would like the traditional big clubs with large followings promoted , ideally Geordies, Leeds and Sheff.Wed all sleeping giants and club s that should be playing at the top level.
So you wouldn't want the rags, dippers and Tarquins relegated then? Strange; fucking strange indeed. I take it you weren't around in 74?

So you wouldn't want the rags, dippers and Tarquins relegated then? Strange; fucking strange indeed. I take it you weren't around in 74?
I actually do not want rags relegated, just them fighting relegation every year would be good and we getting at least two chances a year to thump them real bad.

yes , and i was around in 1962 when Liverpool were in division 2 , my comments refer to the atmosphere the bigger clubs generate , so wind your neck in.
I've lost count of how many times I've said this. A club's league position is governed/earned by what they do on the pitch, not what atmosphere their fans generate. If the latter were the be all and end all, we'd never have ended up in the third tier. Clubs like Wigan, Hull, Bournemouth, Watford etcetera have earned their place in the PL these past few years due to the efforts of the players on the pitch. Why should those players be denied the chance of top flight football because of the apathy of their fans? Not having a go at you personally, by the way. You're just the latest to harbour this false belief. There's been many who think the same way as you do. If L***s get promotion, I'll be gutted. But the players will have earned it. More's the pity.

. If L***s get promotion, I'll be gutted. But the players will have earned it. More's the pity.

You can't say their name? Where does the dislike cone from? At least if they come up it's a good chance for six points next season

You can't say their name? Where does the dislike cone from? At least if they come up it's a good chance for six points next season
It's the place where I came closest to getting a hiding at. January 1979, a 1-1 draw (Kiddo with a late equaliser). I was 16 years old and couldn't punch my way out of a wet paper bag, still can't actually. I've also seen the scum that follow them at close quarters on two or three other occasions. Never forgotten or forgiveness the. And never will.

Looks like the top two are sorted out now. I'd like Leeds to come up, but i also wouldn't mind seeing Huddersfield up, or Sheff Wed. Definitely don't want to see Reading or Fulham - both dull as fuck.

I've lost count of how many times I've said this. A club's league position is governed/earned by what they do on the pitch, not what atmosphere their fans generate. If the latter were the be all and end all, we'd never have ended up in the third tier. Clubs like Wigan, Hull, Bournemouth, Watford etcetera have earned their place in the PL these past few years due to the efforts of the players on the pitch. Why should those players be denied the chance of top flight football because of the apathy of their fans? Not having a go at you personally, by the way. You're just the latest to harbour this false belief. There's been many who think the same way as you do. If L***s get promotion, I'll be gutted. But the players will have earned it. More's the pity.

you miss the point completely , i would rather watch city at Hillsborough , St James Park or Elland Rd than Bournemouth or Watford , no doubt these clubs have earned their place in the premiership ,and good luck to them if they win promotion they deserve a crack at the big time , but we get 4,000 - 6,000 away tickets at the larger grounds and its a good day out , and when the bigger clubs come to the etihad they bring a good following and it creates a better atmosphere much better than a quarter full away end. Having done the rounds in division three and visited a lot of shit holes like a lot of us blues ,personally i would take a visit to L****s over Bournemouth any day (and its only an hour away :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.