Who is best option to play in Fernandinho's position?

Ferny is one booking away from a two game ban so he needs to avoid picking up a booking in the next five matches (CL game doesn't count). We play Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke, Everton and then the rags before the cut off point. He misses Arsenal and I suspect he will miss Chelsea. Booked against Stoke he misses Everton and the derby. Booked against Everton he misses the derby and Spurs and booked against the rags he misses Spurs and Swansea. Can he go until after the derby without a card - has he gone four games (as he misses Arsenal) without a card this season?

Plenty of options. Delph is the obvious answer but until he's back Gundogan would do a job there. It was Vinny's position under Hughes so I'm sure he could fill in if necessary as could Stones. It would be a waste playing KDB there because we'd lose creativity further forward when playing against packed defences.

Ferny is one booking away from a two game ban so he needs to avoid picking up a booking in the next five matches (CL game doesn't count). We play Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke, Everton and then the rags before the cut off point. He misses Arsenal and I suspect he will miss Chelsea. Booked against Stoke he misses Everton and the derby. Booked against Everton he misses the derby and Spurs and booked against the rags he misses Spurs and Swansea. Can he go until after the derby without a card - has he gone four games (as he misses Arsenal) without a card this season?

7 league matches in a row from 29 November till 27 December.

In order of preference assuming available to play: Delph, Danilo, KDB (KDB would likely be best in the position but I'd rather see him play further forward in a more offensive role).

Kompany if he weren't so fragile would perhaps do well in the pivot.

Beyond that - I don't trust Stones/Otters and especially Laporte to hold - too slow or much too slow.

Maybe Zinchenko played out of position?
===
At any rate - the loss of Fernandinho is not a small matter - we have no really good replacement for him in our squad IMO; we'll cope with his absence, but our side will be weaker for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.