Who is of an age where, 'real chips' were just, chips?

A pie to walk home with 2 lots of chips with another pie a jumbo sausage some gravy and curry, no wonder chippies made a killing next to pubs, it's easy done mate :)

I know. You could hardly lift the bag. If you are totally pissed, this weight differential could cause exaggerated staggering.

I started buying more curries so at least breakfast was sorted.

My wife has friens who live in Kew..proper nobs the pair of them. A couple of years ago they came to stay for a week and on the second day I was cooking tea for all our kids. The husband had a habit of hovering in the kitchen getting under my feet. As I was preparing to make the chips for the kids he said to me 'Oh, is that a chip pan?' No I said, but it is the pan I cook chips in. 'Oh' says he, 'Ive never seen anyone cook chips before'. Then proceeds to call his wife in to have a look, and she declared she had never seen anyone cook chips either. They looked at me like I was about to cook the dog. I have not spoken to either of them since.

They're dead aren't they?

I also miss a time when tea was tea. What the fuck is English breakfast tea? Sounds like the sort of shit they'd sell in America.

Ohh and spring rolls used to be full of beansprouts not cabbage, even the Chinese chippies muck about with traditional ingredients.

I also miss a time when tea was tea. What the fuck is English breakfast tea? Sounds like the sort of shit they'd sell in America.

And ordering a cup of coffee was so much simpler.

"Can I have a coffee please?"

"Would you like a (Quotes loads of fancy names)"

Walks away confused and coffee-less.

Last edited:
I agree though I do like these new fangled salt and pepper chips!

Tired of going out for fish and chips in a pub and being given reconstructed potato chips. I blame McDonald's. Anything for quick and easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.