Who is the best City goalkeeper in history?

Hungarian blue

Trautmann? Swift? Corrigan? Hart?

But more importantly, if Ederson continues the same way as he started his career here, how many games until it will definitely beccome him? :)

Kneejerk as hell but watching him play and he's just absolutely world class.

My great grandad was City goalkeeper before the first world war interupted his playing career and shrapnel during the war ended it so Ill vote him! Haha but seriously I would love to see Ederson lift the Champions league trophy with City and given a few years I feel it could be him.

its hard to name one. probably all the ones you've mentioned. if i had to name one it would be trautman though. hart is way above ederson for me for now.

I think because he was City for so long and was a great servant both on and off the field not to mention a great goalkeeper.

Bert Trautman.

Never saw swift and trautmann so can't compare. I think Hart was better than Joe C.

As to Hart vs Ederson, in 2 areas I think Ederson has shown he is better already, distribution on turnover, and speed off his line. The rest we'll need to wait and see. Hart is great on 1v1s, reflex saves, middling on crosses, and weak low to his left.

Trautmann was before my time, although I did see him make a brief cameo appearance in Johnny Hart's testimonial, but, based on what I have read, I think he was probably our greatest ever keeper. Indeed, he is probably one of the sport's all-time greats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.