Who is Worse

mad4city said:
Gotta agree, Alan Ball was the worst - and by some distance too (which is a heck of statement, when you think about it) .

By the way...
Did anyone else hear the story about how when Colin Bell got injured, Tony Book wanted to sign Ball (as a player, obviously) but Swales wouldn't stump up the cash? That year, Liverpool went on the win the league (and a few European cups, afterwards).

By then his playing career was in real decline, I might be wrong but I think the following close season he moved to the US League so for once Swales got something right.

Alan Ball was shocking - I hope we never have an incompetent twat like him in charge ever again. To this day I don't know what the club were thinking in appointing him.

Hughes won't be anywhere near that bad - because if it carries on like this he'll get sacked before he ruins us.

scorer said:
withingtonmcfc said:
he didn't have a clue tactically and his activity in the transfer market was poor.

Whatever Hughes is, he isn't Alan Ball.

I don't necessarily disagree but... didn't he sign Kinkladze....? A good bit of Business by anyones standards I'd say.

I'm pretty sure that was Franny's doing. He was questioned about interfering and said that the only thing he'd ever done that could be called such was recommending Kinkladze.

Alan Ball was a shockingly bad manager. He stands out as having sunk far below our usual standards!

I thought Franny signed him himself more or less, maybe wrong though. Ball was shite, i wonder if he was in Hughes position now how many would be saying give him time, he will come good...

Grimble said:
I thought Franny signed him himself more or less, maybe wrong though. Ball was shite, i wonder if he was in Hughes position now how many would be saying give him time, he will come good...

Not sure he would have the ability to be even in Hughes position.

serious answer to your question, its a close run thing as you can only judge on the what each manager did in their time at the club.

hughes has had 20 games or so, 70mill spent and we are 17th, out of relegation zone by goal difference.

Ball was terrible as we know.

So at this moment in time, they seem as bad as each other.
MH has the luxury of billions of quids to spend and seemingly time to put things right.

I do hope MH turns out better than Alan B.
Otherwise we are well and truly shafted. Dead heat for me AT THE MOMENT.

Ball is the worst manager any team at any sport has ever had. It's unbelievable thinking back at some of the things he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.