Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
If your team has no obvious Johnny-on-the-spot, it should be the striker. If he scores he loosens up, if he misses he feels the need to atone.

Aguero tends to give the eyes a lot, which lets the keeper know which way to go (the opposite side). All players should focus on height - lift it just halfway up the goal and you don't need to put it near the posts.

Did you not watch our last 2 penalties?

Leave it to Aguero. He's our goal scorer and our best player. He's had a few saved - which is important, he hasn't missed, the goal keeper has done well and saved them - which has knocked his confidence slightly, but goal scorers are weird creatures, an early goal from a penalty could be the difference between bagging a hatrick/going on a run of scoring goals over the next few games OR going through a barren spell like he is doing right now.

Agree wiht the post earlier, if Kelechi is on he takes it. Very cool with the penalties he taken so far.

No pracise will ever be able to come close to replicating a real life situation. My guess would be Aguero and Kdb bang them in without a seconds thought on the training ground. I bet even Clichy whacks them in for fun.
The one thing I would say is learning how to keep the ball low. From 12 yards, hit correctly a goalkeeper struggles to get down whereas anything 4/5 foot in the air is a gift from the gods.
As soon as the penalty was given I said Kev should take it because he's the best striker of the ball on the pitch. He's since come out and said he changed his mind in the run up. That's why practising them is a pointles exercise.

You never change your mind in the run up. Never. Never. Penalties are a good part mental. If we aren't going to practice them, we sure as shit should make sure that our players know HOW to take them.

1. Always hit it (hard) inside of the foot to have maximum control over the ball.
2. Curl it around the goalkeeper, not away from the goalkeeper, to keep a maximum distance between keeper & ball at all time. So righties go right and lefties go left.
3. Always hit it bottom corner! It takes the keeper the most time to get to the ground. Halfway is easiest to reach. Top corner is too risky.

Respect these 3 rules and you'll never ever miss a penalty (unless your aiming is shit).

You lot not seen Stones penalty?! Taken after Pirlo to make it 5-4 to Everton vs Juve?! It's a beauty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.