Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
are you kidding me ? has less composure ??? silva ??? have you ever whatched silva's playing ? because if you whacthed you couldn't say anything about silva's composure?

Silva's left handed therefore he has just one handicap while he's using a penalty. Also Silva is more composure than Aguero.

I'm 100% serious. Anywhere else on the pitch, Silva is majestic.

But give him sight of goal and he goes absolutely to pieces. He just panics and completely loses all composure. Occasionally he may fluke a goal, but 9 times out of 10 he blasts it over, stubs his foot, misses the ball, falls over, you name it. I'm surprised you haven't noticed.

I'm 100% serious. Anywhere else on the pitch, Silva is majestic.

But give him sight of goal and he goes absolutely to pieces. He just panics and completely loses all composure. Occasionally he may fluke a goal, but 9 times out of 10 he blasts it over, stubs his foot, misses the ball, falls over, you name it. I'm surprised you haven't noticed.

i dont agree with you... of course silva is not best i didn't say like this but in my opinion silva is better option than aguero or de bruyne.

For exp. If yaya found in squad of course he must take it but he couldn't :S

It would have been very impressive and probably would have led to a very comfortable win against Everton if the players.. or perhaps the manager had already identified that Iheanacho is by far the best penalty taker in the team at that time in the match. I would have been a very ideal situation- instill confidence in a young player by giving him this responsibility and then going on to win the match. It would have been great, but I did not expect it. We opted for going to the ''best player on the pitch'' approach, which did not work in that situation. It is a penalty at the end of the day and every player can score BUT there are players that are particularly good at it, due to the way they were brought up, some tricks in approach, whatever it is. Yaya Toure is excellent, Ballotelli was good at it but I belief the young Iheanacho have taken the ''trick''.. and have even advanced it (maybe) and I will not be surprised if he has a high percentile- like 98%+ conversion rate or something like that when his career is over.

Aguero is the main striker and so he takes all the penalties but he does not strike me as a player that is particularly good at it. He will still continue to take it but for the sake of hypothetical, if Iheanacho is not on the pitch, I'll probably say Gundugan should take it as well because he also has the background and skill in taking penalties.

Peaks and troughs. Tevez used to get away with it for a long time with his blasts but, like Aguero, he's been telegraphed now. It starts to become a mental problem.

I would let Nolito or Stones take them. Both are technically sound.

Barry, Milner and Yaya were all excellent penalty takers in a team that had Mario in!!

Peaks and troughs. Tevez used to get away with it for a long time with his blasts but, like Aguero, he's been telegraphed now. It starts to become a mental problem.

I would let Nolito or Stones take them. Both are technically sound.

Barry, Milner and Yaya were all excellent penalty takers in a team that had Mario in!!

Milner's an excellent penalty taker

Fancied KDG before last week, but Serge needs to take a step back. Problem is nobody else stands out. Wouldn't let Spanish Dave anywhere near a penalty (or a corner, or a direct free kick involving a shot on goal), can't believe how such a magical player in open play can be so very average with a dead ball.

Wouldn't trust Raheem, Sane, Navas, Kolly (either net-breaker or duck on level 2)

Maybe Nolito, maybe Gundogen, but would probably plump for Stones

Bring back Franny...:-)

I can't believe Pep says they don't practice them on the training ground.

Four or five selected players should do them ten minutes a day.

Good practice for our keepers too.

One penalty miss could be the difference between winning the title and not.

For me... Aguero. But Kin needs to get his focus back on winning for our side. He doesn't seem to be 100% up for the match when he's on the pitch

He seems to be jogging around quite often - and pissed at his teammates - to the extent that he'll wander far back from his striker role to get the ball. Fine - if that's according to plan - otherwise, a big mistake as there's no one in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.