Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Peaks and troughs. Tevez used to get away with it for a long time with his blasts but, like Aguero, he's been telegraphed now. It starts to become a mental problem.

I would let Nolito or Stones take them. Both are technically sound.

Barry, Milner and Yaya were all excellent penalty takers in a team that had Mario in!!

Stones?

You are aware that he has had just 2 shots on target in his entire premier league and champions/europa league career and both were with his head?

i dont agree with you... of course silva is not best i didn't say like this but in my opinion silva is better option than aguero or de bruyne.

For exp. If yaya found in squad of course he must take it but he couldn't :S

Have you SEEN Silva take a penalty??? I can't believe ANYONE would want him to be the penalty taker. Amazing player, amazing bottler.

I'd give to De Bruyne. I know he missed last week, but these things happen, hopefully just a blip.

On a wider point, perhaps if we had more shots they would go in and the opposition wouldn't have opportunity to foul us in the area

Yaya had a perfect record with pens (although I cannot remember him taking many in ‘big games’). I really worry who can be trusted to score them as it can/has been crucial this set

Like many others here I don’t feel 100% confidence when Sergio takes them especially as he has missed many and often mishits them. Not all our players play every game so there needs to be 2 or 3 that can step up. Gundogan seems best but doesn’t play every game. Sterling has improved finishing a lot but still susceptible to poor shooting.

I think KdB has the best qualities to be 1st choice - good technique striking a ball and always seems very calm.

The only others I would feel confident with are Sane (German) and Gabriel - however penalty-takers usually seem to be older players in most teams.

I think Ederson would be good too as he strikes so fast and accurately but think Pep woujd consider the GK taking pens as disrespectful to opposition and of course, issues about opposition counterattacking and scoring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.