Who Should Own MCFC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's alright saying that we need a wealthy owner who will use the money wisely but that's probably a pipe-dream.

Take a good look around at how many clubs have rich owners that happily bankroll their club. There's Chelsea and Chelsea and erm Chelsea and then there's Chelsea. Maybe Fulham. Lerner has certainly put money into Villa but it's in the form of shares and loans. The other three of the big four are self-financing, as are Everton, Spurs, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bolton. West Ham have had a big injection of cash but that was a long-term loan and is being repaid. Not helped them much either. There are to many nobs like Ashley, Kenwright, Madjeski and others who like the idea of owning "their" club but aren't going to risk losing serious money. And these people are the ones letting Sky dictate the agenda because it means more money from Sky and less from them. These are the ones letting the players and their agents get away with murder.

I make no apologies for saying that their is only one group of people that really have the long-term interests of the clubs at heart and who could the tough decisions needed to ensure the long-term survival of those clubs and the game in general and that's the fans. It seems to work well enough in Spain & Germany.

How times have changed :)

gordon from gorton said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's alright saying that we need a wealthy owner who will use the money wisely but that's probably a pipe-dream.

Take a good look around at how many clubs have rich owners that happily bankroll their club. There's Chelsea and Chelsea and erm Chelsea and then there's Chelsea. Maybe Fulham. Lerner has certainly put money into Villa but it's in the form of shares and loans. The other three of the big four are self-financing, as are Everton, Spurs, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bolton. West Ham have had a big injection of cash but that was a long-term loan and is being repaid. Not helped them much either. There are to many nobs like Ashley, Kenwright, Madjeski and others who like the idea of owning "their" club but aren't going to risk losing serious money. And these people are the ones letting Sky dictate the agenda because it means more money from Sky and less from them. These are the ones letting the players and their agents get away with murder.

I make no apologies for saying that their is only one group of people that really have the long-term interests of the clubs at heart and who could the tough decisions needed to ensure the long-term survival of those clubs and the game in general and that's the fans. It seems to work well enough in Spain & Germany.

How times have changed :)
Written 2 weeks before ADUG took us over as well. That's why I don't do the lottery. We have been really lucky with the owners we now have.

Money is now the only way of winning so I just want the richest mo' fo' there is to own City - how complicated can it get???

goat boy said:
Big G said he was going to buy Frank out on here, the other day. Forward with Big G, I say.

Still think I should have pursued it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.