Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

They're all going to be stronger that's a fact.

I think the reason why it hasn't been retained for so long is because of the recruitment in the summer.

first winning season we signed Aguero, Nasri and Clichy and won the title. The next season the only signings were all under 20 million. Garcia £17m, Rodwell £12m and Nastasic £12m.

2013-14 we signed Fernandinho 30m, Negredo, Navas and Jovetic and won the league the next summer, Sagna, Fernando, Willy and 40mil on Mangala.

If we recruit poor in the summer we won't win the league. It has been the case for ages.

It should be Liverpool since their weaknesses are obvious and should be fixable. Rather like us last summer. Whether they will fix them is a different matter. Spurs are just not quite there and its not easy to see how one or two signings will take them to another level. United are just a dogs breakfast.

Liverpool are the team to watch out for. A few decent additions and they are set for a challenge I feel.

What Liverpool have over the others - maybe bar Spurs- is an identity of play that is recognisable week in week out.

Spurs I feel will lose Alderweireld this summer which will be a huge blow because for me ge is the best central defender in the division.

Liverpool will be main threat.
Last three games with them have demonstrated that there aren't twenty points between us regarding current levels of performance
Their almost comical defending early season seems to be a thing of the past.
They've already signed Keita and will make.2 or 3 more big signings to revamp their midfield.
Another factor, unlike previous years, is they have the cash to spend.

If they win the FA Cup Spurs will be favourites after us for me.

They haven't won anything for so long it is now a mental issue for them.
Blowing up v Chelsea when the were vying with Leicester for the league was a mental failure, not a playing failure.

There's also only so long that decent players will hang around on below par wages winning nothing.
As cadds22 says TA is likely to be off, more so if they are potless.

Chelsea and Liverpool will be strong. I'd expect another 80+ point season from United. We'll need 90+ to win it again next season.

Not wishing to sound flippant, but it mostly depends on us. If we get anywhere near replicating this season, then it’s going to be very, very difficult for anyone to get close. I can’t see the PL turning into a two team league, whereby the runners up can get 97 points, so, for the first time I can ever remember, it’s about city keeping their level up. Do that and we win it again (and again, hopefully).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.