CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I’ve got a feeling there will be another Manchester Derby than the league game in April. Would be nice to really crank up the pressure on the eye gouger by dumping them out of the champions league next round.

Wouldn’t want Spurs or the dippers though.
Yes, we could draw them in the CL and FA cup if we both get through.

We could be playing them 3 times in 3 weeks if we draw them in the CL!

In an ideal world Porto or Sevilla. But both of them will be knocked out and I am guaranteeing you now we will draw either the rags or dippers in the quarters. Can you imagine the atmospheres?

If we get through I would want to play the best team left in the competition. Over 2 legs I think I would fancy us against anyone (with the usual City doubt nagging away)

Shakhtar or Roma would be my preference.

But I suspect we will get another English club I think Chelsea will struggle to get through but the others including our near neighbours should be in the next round.

Eight teams left could be City, Spurs, Pool, PSG, Barca, Bayern, Scum and Shakhtar/Roma.

Ideal Draw for last eight:
  1. City v Shakhtar/Roma
  2. Scum v Pool
  3. Barca v PSG
  4. Bayern v Spurs
Agree with this, and the next round being 1. v 2. and 3. v 4. ?

In an ideal world Porto or Sevilla. But both of them will be knocked out and I am guaranteeing you now we will draw either the rags or dippers in the quarters. Can you imagine the atmospheres?
UEFA might want to get a rags v dippers game while they're both still in the competition in that scenario.

Or when we beat Charlton in ‘85; or Bradford in ‘89; or Gillingham in ‘99; or Blackburn in ‘00?

‘Typical City’ is a complete myth.

I was brought up to believe “Typical City” meant doing the unexpected, the ridiculous, could be good or bad.

So scoring 100 goals and getting relegated, “terrorising Europe”, paying £1m for Steve Daley is Typical City, but then so was the Dickov moment in 99, beating Leeds 4-0 twice when they won the league, having a disappointing first season under Pep and then breaking all known records the season after with near enough the same team, the Aguero moment in 2012 are all Typical City too.

Some people seem to use the phrase “Typical City” to mean we’ll do something shit, but that was never my understanding of it’s true meaning.

An English team in the quarter finals might be an advantage to us even if we don’t fancy a trip to Anfield or Wembley. Quarter final dates are early and mid April. We could be winding down our league campaign with the title in the bag by then giving us chance to have players fresh for Europe. Rest of the top 5 are in a royal rumble for the other spots so will have to be on it to ensure they don’t end up 5th. No resting players for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.