Who's the greatest ?

In any sport you can only ever be the best of your generation. It's impossible to know how players from the past would have adapted to all the incredible progress that's been achieved in sports science. That said, could Colin Bell's fitness level, skill set, mentality have been improved by today's training methods and improved diet? If so then the possibility is frightening. Reading through the comments regarding the current squad, one thing that's certain is that we've been blessed over the last few years to watch players of the calibre of Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Aguero, Kompany and Zaba to the extent that it's virtually impossible to pick just one.

Silva but I do wonder what Kinkladze would do in this side.

not much probably, much as I loved Gio at the time and think he is a top bloke, he isn't up their with Yaya KDB and Silva in terms of their ability in the attacking midfielder role.

On Citys greatest my dad would say Bell or Niel Young, but would also say when as a kid older city fans would say it was Peter Doherty. In my lifetime it has to be Yaya or Silva, with vinny closely behind, we always look poorer when they are unavailable.

Billy Meredith should be getting a mention also.

Yaya for me, then Aguero, David, Vinny, Zaba, Tevez, Belamy, Robinho, Dzeko, Wright-Phillips, the goat, Rosler, Paul Walsh, Peter Beagrie, Gio.

Tevez was the main man when he was here, Toure was a real big game player and Silva on his day is magnificent, probably the player I've enjoyed watching most.
It's between those three, Yaya could be a lazy git at times and Silva went missing often enough and we don't even have to mention the Tevez disciplinary problems.
If a gun was placed to my head, I'd say Toure but I've a feeling that our manger will utilise Silva well these next couple of years and we could see a real Indian summer from him.

Think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have Silva, Yaya, Sergio and Kompany playing for us over the last six years.

Has to be David Silva. His consistency at this level is amazing. Especially considering his dodgy ankle.
Yaya for all his great moments he's had many games where he's looked slow and dis-interested.
As many have said, we don't look the same side with Merlin not in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.