Who's the greatest ?

In the modern era, it's difficult to say. Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Kompany all have a very strong case.

In the team formation, Silva has dictated the tempo of the game so often & the team requires him, in order to function & he is peerless in that role. But he requires the team, more than the other 3. He isn't fast, doesn't score that many & isn't great in the tackle, closing etc, he neds a top quality unit around him. The other 3 at their peak, would be just as good playing for Barnsley on a shit heap.

Which brings me to Colin bell, who would be just as effective in the modern game, in place of any of them.

No comparison.

For me, it simply cannot be, by any objective measure, "a mile". For me, Silva runs him very, very close. Having watched them both for the last seven years, it's a ridiculously tough call.
Of course it's a tough call. It's understandable that fans would say Yaya but to say 'by a mile' sums up that particular poster to a tee.

Seen it debated plenty, but not sure I've ever seen a thread on the subject: who's the best player to grace the City shirt?

Only saw Colin Bell after his return from injury, when, I'm told, he was the shadow of his former self; but in terms of players you've seen in the flesh who's the best to wear the sky blue?

For me, as a player, it's Yaya. That doesn't mean I respect or admire him as much as David or Sergio; on that score they piss all over him, but in term of contribution on the pitch, it's got to be the big fella, if only by a hair's breadth.

Who's your greatest City player of all time?
Have to agree, only saw Colin on his return, Yaya is a freak of nature, I was only discussing this the other day, the man is incredible, you cannot look past him for Citys greatest ever player...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.