Why are there so many accidents between J18 & J19 of the M6

What time was that mate.We got on at J15 at 2.50 pm and were quite fortunate getting off at J16 Crewe with the slip road fairy heavy,due to the traffic lights at the roundabout.Got into Winsford at 4.10 pm,so I`m assuming you hit it pretty late on then.
Yes I was coming through the countryside South of Nantwich from jct 14, roughly that time, but Nantwich was a mess as the A500 was jammed due to people getting off M6, normally head past Barony and turn right at Reasheath college but could not get there, eventually went through Wistaston and past Leighton, never hit traffic in Nantwich before like that.

Yes I was coming through the countryside South of Nantwich from jct 14, roughly that time, but Nantwich was a mess as the A500 was jammed due to people getting off M6, normally head past Barony and turn right at Reasheath college but could not get there, eventually went through Wistaston and past Leighton, never hit traffic in Nantwich before like that.
Normally I would go the route that you do via Reaseheath as I live up the Over side of Winsford,but with my Mum living up the Wharton side, we came via Weston and Sidney,which was pretty clear thankfully.

Normally I would go the route that you do via Reaseheath as I live up the Over side of Winsford,but with my Mum living up the Wharton side, we came via Weston and Sidney,which was pretty clear thankfully.

The route I've taken before now is Junc 16 head to crewe. At the big roundabout on the A500 head towards Chester/Wrexham A51 and then either start heading north at Tarporley or go as far as Tarvin before heading west

I remember reading about this a few years ago and a highways expert blamed it on the design of the slip road joining the M6 from Knutsford services being to close to the slip road leaving the M6 to J19 Knutsford. You get lorries etc trundling onto the M6 from the services and cars zooming along and realising they need to get off and trying to get across 3 lanes at the last minute at the exact point vehicles are trying to get on the motorway ... recipe for disaster

They also blamed it on a stretch of motorway between Stoke and Knutsford being a long straight featureless road, with just grassy verges on either side... This means drivers get drowsy, concentration wanders and inevitably drive too fast

Can vouch for it being boring hit the central reservation a few years back between 19 and 18, luckily just the complete side of my car damaged, I was ok except for the pride!

Another multi vehicle accident today just happened in front of me around Sandbach at around 1pm. Had a classic further up the M6 on the Matrix signs asking us to slow down to 20 mph due to oncoming vehicle. People were still flying past at 80mph.

That junction at 15 is a recipe for disaster I always make my way to the outside lane before I reach the junction as I know drivers panic with the heavy traffic adjoining the motorway and move straight over to the middle lane.

You've got HGVs on the speed limiter on the long stretch all trying to cruise past one another and people driving nose to tail in the outside lane. HGV pulls out to overtake or vehicle comes onto motorway from short slip road and they will just pull out in front of vehicle in 2nd lane, which in turn pushes into outside lane to avoid getting chewed up. Then it's like a concertina effect.

Fuck the M6 and the M1 on a Friday, get across to The A515 on the A and B roads to Ashbourne then straight up to Buxton, then whatever your route of choice for south west, south or east Manchester.

Moving to Hawarden from Stafford mid-month we hope and can't fucking wait to leave the M6 behind... horrible motorway, Our office (I am rarely there) is in Stockport so I'll swap the M6 for the M56 etc..

It always makes me wonder how the fuck people have accidents on it in places where you just don't expect them

Between J18 and 19 there are some ridiculously narrow lanes at the minute but apart from that it may be the usual fuckwittery of middle lane hoggers, LGV drivers who think that an indicator means go NOW!! and twats on mobiles...... the latter being a fucking plague! You can see them a mile off, erratic speed, heads bobbing to read / write texts... they should block phones unless cars are at a standstill
Where in hawarden you moving to if don't mind me asking??, mickey Owen territory

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.