Why are we not clinical?

I dont think there's a great cohesion between Aguero and our midfielders,there's often a large gap between midfield and attack with Aguero playing more as an individual.It showed the difference when Jesus was on the field,movement and work rate improved,we looked to have a better understanding,and we looked far more threatening as a unit.
In short,our blend isn't quite right.

As much as I hate to say it I agree and it begs the question if we should cash out on Aguero. I love the guy but if a swap could be done with Griezmann.....

I generally think it's just bad luck. Pellegrinis first season all of these were going in and we were beating everyone by 5 or 6

How many chances did we really create today. Yaya shot was down to his own quality, Fernandinho header from a corner. Delph? (Shit pass from de Bruyne)

Not enough clear chances created and once again they don't need many to score 2 goals.

I could be wrong but I keep thinking the wing backs are a big problem. Clichy played well defensively today but if Pep was to bring a couple of offensively minded wing backs in I think it would make a huge difference. Whether it was Navas or Clichy today, you just knew the final ball or cross was going to be poor.
Just watched the clasico, and Alba, Roberto, Marcelo and Carvajal. 2 direct assists and the last minute winner was created by Roberto. In possibly the biggest game of their season, key contributions from full-backs.

On the flip side, apart from Messi, neither team was clinical either.

I could be wrong but I keep thinking the wing backs are a big problem. Clichy played well defensively today but if Pep was to bring a couple of offensively minded wing backs in I think it would make a huge difference. Whether it was Navas or Clichy today, you just knew the final ball or cross was going to be poor.
Irrelevant in my opinion. Navas will put in good crosses, when there is someone to cross to. We don't have that someone, not now Dzeko and Bony are gone.

Irrelevant in my opinion. Navas will put in good crosses, when there is someone to cross to. We don't have that someone, not now Dzeko and Bony are gone.

Yeh but even for having more of a threat in terms of link up play like Zabba a few seasons ago. Clichy does attempt it to be fair but the final ball is either terrible or backwards. Think of Monaco's first goal against us at their place and that pass from Mendy.

How many chances did we really create today. Yaya shot was down to his own quality, Fernandinho header from a corner. Delph? (Shit pass from de Bruyne)

Not enough clear chances created and once again they don't need many to score 2 goals.

100% true. We create a lot of half chances and nowhere near enough massive clear cut chances, and when we do get clear cut chances in big games quite often there's a reasonable amount of luck about them.

We have a system where there is 1 goalscorer. the two wingers have to stay wide and are consistently not in the box when the ball goes in, and the two attacking midfielders can't buy a goal. When Aguero chases a ball into the channels he looks up and there's no one within 20 yards of the box.

The attacking play since Gundogan got injured has left a massive amount to be desired, and is the biggest disappointment of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.