Why Are We So Much Better Than Last Year?

To me it is simply that the players are buying into Peps ways both mentally and physically.
Plus getting the pressing, the system and positioning correct.
This has improved our possession and tired out the opposition.
Silva running in a circle and the Arsenal players stopping to appeal for offside for our third, says to me they were knackered.
That's a big deal if It's true.
Pep sticking to his principles last season even tho, to the outside world, he would be labelled as a failure.

This is the sort of answer that needs boots on the ground at a pub really. To give a real answer anyway. You could write a book on it let alone a post on a forum. If you are good at exploding the detail of the nuanced factors in the written word as well as the more obvious stuff you could actually write a book.

The players are quicker and better equipped to handle Pepe’s demanding tactics.

I think the biggest change is Eddie. His confidence and distribution are stunning. I have never in my life seen a goalkeeper with his distribution skills. I truly would not swap him for anyone. World class. He must demoralise the opposition so much.

Lots of reasons, the new signings, improvement in existing players, more clinical in front of goal, better understanding of Pep's tactics etc. For me though, the single most important factor is a set back 4/5. Having the same defence week in in out, gives you the platform to win titles, just look at the last few PL seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.