Why Are We So Much Better Than Last Year?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by CityInWashingtonState, 7 Nov 2017.

1. better dead than red

better dead than red

Awww cuz, it was mad paper innit?

2. Hoghead

Hoghead

Because we're not running out of chips at half time anymore.

3. Uri Geller's magic crystals (Pep got them from Glen Hoddle in a previous life on a different astral plain). Those things are sh*t hot.

4. chedinho

chedinho

Plus getting the pressing, the system and positioning correct.
    This has improved our possession and tired out the opposition.
    Silva running in a circle and the Arsenal players stopping to appeal for offside for our third, says to me they were knackered.
    That's a big deal if It's true.
    Pep sticking to his principles last season even tho, to the outside world, he would be labelled as a failure.

5. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    This is the sort of answer that needs boots on the ground at a pub really. To give a real answer anyway. You could write a book on it let alone a post on a forum. If you are good at exploding the detail of the nuanced factors in the written word as well as the more obvious stuff you could actually write a book.

6. GazM

GazM

^This.

7. davymcfc

davymcfc

The players are quicker and better equipped to handle Pepe’s demanding tactics.

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I think the biggest change is Eddie. His confidence and distribution are stunning. I have never in my life seen a goalkeeper with his distribution skills. I truly would not swap him for anyone. World class. He must demoralise the opposition so much.

9. bellsouth

bellsouth

Lots of reasons, the new signings, improvement in existing players, more clinical in front of goal, better understanding of Pep's tactics etc. For me though, the single most important factor is a set back 4/5. Having the same defence week in in out, gives you the platform to win titles, just look at the last few PL seasons.

10. RACHACE

RACHACE

HGV Driver/part time gambler
    http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    I’m putting it solely down the the increased selection of pies in the ground. Corned beef hash, butter pie...... mmmmm

Joking aside, continuity in team selection has had a huge impact.