Why are we so sh*t at corners and throw ins?

no one attacks the ball
someone has to put there self in there and clear the fucking ball
its not hard

What I want to know is why the f**k, and this is especially relevant to Dunne do we give away so many unneccessary corners. Far too often (I.e the one that led to the goal) we give away corners where the city player either makes a poor clearance or has far more time to make the clearance then they think they have. At least 4 or 5 corners given away today were at least avoidable if not plainly stupid.

Goater666 said:
avoidconfusion said:
That's because we keep on letting Elano and SWP take corners...

Arnt they our best takers though? i cant think of anyone else who's better at putting in a ball.

What worries me is how we never put any in-swingers in, almost always out-swingers. Bloody easy to defend.

I am sorry but if there is one thing SWP can't do then it's crossing the ball, freekicks or corners... Elano's corners have been dreadful as well.

avoidconfusion said:
Goater666 said:
Arnt they our best takers though? i cant think of anyone else who's better at putting in a ball.

What worries me is how we never put any in-swingers in, almost always out-swingers. Bloody easy to defend.

I am sorry but if there is one thing SWP can't do then it's crossing the ball, freekicks or corners... Elano's corners have been dreadful as well.

Name someone better?

Goater666 said:
avoidconfusion said:

Name someone better?

Garrido is decent, of those who aren't injured they are unfortunately the best we have to offer.

djspam said:
We are a fucking shambles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS MARKING DIFFICULT????

HOW CAN CAHILL OUTJUMP RICHARDS??
Mate Cahill scores from corners all the time. Great jump for a small man.

Anyone else remember the Hinchcliffe inswinging corners to Gleghorn or White on the backpost?!

Also dont know why Richards and Dunne bother coming up for the corners, never lose their markers (or even try to), never get anywhere near the ball ........that is of course if the ball has got past the first man

The skill level in the side in general is sub standard , ie ability to retain possession when going forward for one.

Compare that to Arteta to mention just one player who you know will get his fare share on target and can pick out a man from a corner/cross.

When we do have a free kick or corner etc you just know the next player to touch the ball will be an opposition player.

How can we give the ball away so easily from a friggin throw-in ffs!!! Time and time again we choose the wrong option, show no movement and concede possession AGAIN. Drives me bloody mad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.