Why can't we score?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mccity, 20 Mar 2017 at 12:12 AM.

1. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

Some interesting stats from the season 2016/17.

We have the lowest shot at goal ratio (46,7%). Too many going wide...
    Compared to Everton we did need 43 more shots to score 3 more goals. :-/
    Look at Utd, if they had more than big nose...

Shots: .........next to the goal ..... at the goal .....Shots .....Goals ....... Ratio

Arsenal.......... 137 (50,4 %) ........135 (49,6 %) ...... 272 ........56 ...........20,6 %

Chelsea......... 141 (49,0 %) ........147 (51,0 %) .......288 ........59 ...........20,5 %

Liverpool ........134 (43,1 %) ........177 (56,9 %) .......311 ........61 ..........19,6 %

Everton ..........113 (43,0 %) ........150 (57,0 %) .......263 ........51 ..........19,4 %

Man City ........163 (53,3 %) ........143 (46,7 %) .......306 ........54 ..........17,6 %

Spurs ..............167 (48,3 %) ........179 (51,7 %) .......346 ........55 ..........15,9 %

United ............ 156 (47,9 %) ........170 (52,1 %) .......326 ........42 ..........12,9 %

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2016/plus/1

Answering the question why somebody isn't successful although he should in terms of skills, is a bit complex.
    Dunno what City is doing in terms of mental coaching.

Sometimes small changes can have a huge effect.
    Maybe the international break is even helpful now.

2. Marvin

Marvin

Student
    Silva's poor finishing has been a constant in our best seasons and worst. That's not what has changed

Anecdotally I think we are creating more chances than ever. I am sure that is the case

I wouldn't worry about this in the long term. Why?

1) KDB. He'll get his shooting boots back. He's just having a dip in form
    2) Sane will weigh in with a few as he settles in. There's more to come there
    3) Jesus. It was a goal a game whilst he was playing and I think his pace really frightens opponents that will benefit those around him.

if we can sort the goalscoring out that takes the pressure off the defending. if you're leading it's so much easier to play, and you don't have to go chasing a game taking risks etc. the heavy defeats at leciester/everton were down to city gambling and throwing the numbers forward that we wouldn't normally do.

3. give & go

give & go

When the players warm up before the match at family stand prior to home games , when they have their shooting practice , i have never seen as many miss and end up in the stand as i have this season, really need boots on right feet

4. kun

kun

4 - G√ľndogan

5. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Indolence
    We might also remember we never play 442 anymore. We start with Aguero and sometimes we might bring Kelechi on for 10 minutes. But we hardly ever start both of them and they don't have the opportunity to really develop a rapport. On the rare occasions they both do play, they are usually miles away from one another. Pellegrini played 442 for most of his first 2 seasons, and although that led to is losing the battle in midfield too often, it did give defences more to worry about.

6. blue dallas

blue dallas

This .
    We rely on Sergio too much .

7. Damocles

Damocles

lol no