Why can't we score?

Too much emphasis on passing the ball into the net? The majority of our goals this season have come from inside or just outside the 6-yard box.
Was going to say the same. Saw erikssen score from 20 yards today and I don't think I can remember the last time one of our player shot from outside the area.

Was going to say the same. Saw erikssen score from 20 yards today and I don't think I can remember the last time one of our player shot from outside the area.

It's frustrating at times when you consider we have Yaya, KDB, Dinoh and Kun who have scored some blinders previously from outside the box.

I've been saying it for ages. It will be the death of us. We insist on trying to score from inside the 6 yard box. It's like we are afraid to shoot. We will never conquer this league until we become ruthless and start plying the clever game of going down at the slightest nudge. If that challenge by Milner on Razza had been the other way round, Oliver wouldn't have been able to get his red card out quick enough.

Fucking ridiculous. We need 10 chances to score 1 goal. Would have won the league if we had world class finishers.

I choose to look at the positives, at least we create the chances. The goals will come, I have a feeling we will be dishing out some spankings next season.

I don't know what the stats are but we don't seem to be creating as many chances that we have done over the last few seasons and not as clear cut.

Hopefully next season will be a different story but we still have so much to play for this season.

Mentality. Just not ruthless enough to kill-off the opposition and kill-off the game by taking our chances.

And it is not just an issue for the poor fella carrying the goal-scoring burden and pressure for the whole team due to the inadequacies of his colleagues.

Utterly profligate.

I disagree with most posts, we miss a number of sitters and great chances every game. Yesterday we missed at least 4 sitters. Nothing to do with style of play just the mentality of the players and a bunch of over-thinking.

Too much emphasis on passing the ball into the net? The majority of our goals this season have come from inside or just outside the 6-yard box.

Exactly. We don't score a variety of goals. It's almost always from the wide position cross for a tap in. I don't even remember a headed goal this season. And where are the goals from Toure and DeBruyne from distance ?

Lack of options up front to vary our tactics both from the start and from the bench.
A system where our best goal scoring midfielder is often very deep (KDB).

Over reliance on Aguero who won't get many headers and who frankly who must be knackered because of the amount of games he plays.

A lack of goals from other areas of the pitch e.g. CB from corners.

I think this team might concede few chances but opposition teams feel if they get one they'll score so they never feel beaten and lose heart at 1-0,2-0. Once teams lose heart the score can easily go to 3 or 4 0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.