Why Carrick should never play for England again

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
BlueMo' said:
SWP's back said:
Ahead of Garcia? I've heard it all now.

Do me a favour.

He does, keep the ball well, and he is also an excellent reader of the game in terms of making interceptions.

Take a look at these videos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-ly_hqLWE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUwnQ2xLr8[/youtube]

They are similar players, yes? both adept at playing the pivot role, the difference is Carrick has never played with anybody on the same level as Xavi in the CM role and please nobody say Paul scholes-he-scores-goals because his assist stats are no where near Xavi's, nor he is anywhere as good at manipulating space and controlling the tempo of the game. I actually think Carrick has more to his game than just being a pivot in the 08/09 season he made 9 assists, he can't play as true regista like Pirlo, but he could play in a combination of the two roles like Xabi Alonso, however of course the difference between the Alonso and Carrick is that whilst one is n't afraid to get stuck in the other is more reserved. From looking at Alonso's card stats the last few years he has got at least 12 yellow cards in a league season, the most carrick has ever picked up for united in 1 season is 4.
I also think carrick would play better with an energetic all action type alongside him like Darren Fletcher was at his best, or a snappy DM like Mascherano, so that would be James Milner or Scotty parker; and yes I know Parker can't pass and masch can play abit, but that is as close as you get unless Wilshere adapts to role and actually plays football matches.

Xavi based a lot of his game off of Scholes.

alky313 said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
BlueMo' said:
Do me a favour.

He does, keep the ball well, and he is also an excellent reader of the game in terms of making interceptions.

Take a look at these videos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az-ly_hqLWE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUwnQ2xLr8[/youtube]

They are similar players, yes? both adept at playing the pivot role, the difference is Carrick has never played with anybody on the same level as Xavi in the CM role and please nobody say Paul scholes-he-scores-goals because his assist stats are no where near Xavi's, nor he is anywhere as good at manipulating space and controlling the tempo of the game. I actually think Carrick has more to his game than just being a pivot in the 08/09 season he made 9 assists, he can't play as true regista like Pirlo, but he could play in a combination of the two roles like Xabi Alonso, however of course the difference between the Alonso and Carrick is that whilst one is n't afraid to get stuck in the other is more reserved. From looking at Alonso's card stats the last few years he has got at least 12 yellow cards in a league season, the most carrick has ever picked up for united in 1 season is 4.
I also think carrick would play better with an energetic all action type alongside him like Darren Fletcher was at his best, or a snappy DM like Mascherano, so that would be James Milner or Scotty parker; and yes I know Parker can't pass and masch can play abit, but that is as close as you get unless Wilshere adapts to role and actually plays football matches.

Xavi based a lot of his game off of Scholes.

But yet he ghosts into space, something scholes does n't do, is a much better dribbler of the ball, takes FKs and corners, (scholes is usually seen lurking on the edge of the box for a volley) is more deft with his passing, has a better vison for a pass and as I said understands how to control the tempo of the game and he rarely plays a speculative long pass which Scholes will do quite often. I would think Xavi based his game on another player who he used to play with;Deco, but do you people go on and on about how good he was? No, despite him being arguably better than Scholes. Comparing Scholes with Xavi is like Rooney to Pele and Micah Richards to Cafu; a bit silly.

The lack of appreciation for Carrick type players is exactly why English football is so bad. He's much better than the Parkers of this world but English fans are morons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.