Why City's summer dealings could be very costly

I think it's fairly harsh personally yeah bud. The last sentence certainly hangs.

We could have reinforced the full backs but I wouldn't say we only bought for the future.

Too harsh mate. Gundogan, nolito and bravo are not ones for the future and all fit into the system. Stones was immense when we were playing well, he will get back to that. Sane was a huge part in us beating arsenal, and gabriel jesus is a signing for the here and now. Full backs are an issue, but there are ot many available that fit our requirements.

There's a bit of a problem if you criticise the policy of signing young players like Zinchenko and loaning them out if you don't acknowledge the squad restrictions which all clubs have to juggle with. It takes time to move players on if they're under contract and reluctant to leave.

Think it reflects my concerns as regards signings that we never see.However,think this will change when we get a few dead weights/legends off the payroll in the summer so the squad is more balanced.

No mention of full backs or did I miss it?

Think it reflects my concerns as regards signings that we never see.However,think this will change when we get a few dead weights/legends off the payroll in the summer so the squad is more balanced.

No mention of full backs or did I miss it?
You missed it

we bought and strengthened positions we needed to, you can't buy for all 11 in one window.

Plus we bought players who wouldn't be on the market next summer because they'd go elsewhere. When Chelsea are resorting to buying Marcos Alonso you can tell it's not the season to buy fullbacks, we missed the boat the year before when the likes of Alex Sandro & Kurzawa were moving. We'll be buying fullbacks now but looking at the next gen as the current crop aren't very good across Europe.

What will cost us the title is established stars like KDB & Kun missing easy chances in games we should have won.

Tbh in the summer i was buzzing with our window, mainly due to being a Gundogan fanboy from watching his early dortmund days.

In retrospect its madness we haven't upgraded the full back positions since the the first title winning season. Kolarov is gash im sorry

Cant say Bravo has been a revelation, expected a lot, lot more if im being honest. Was on peps side on this one in the summer but I dont think anyone can say its worked out so far.

Nolito is a solid short term signing

Stones and Sane well overpriced clearly but I think I they will have good few years with us particularly the latter.

Zinchenko will be one those low cost signings where we sell him on I suspect, we just have so attacking options as it is.

Overall I thought it was a good summer of transfer activity, cant expect one window to solve all the issues in our current squad.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.