Why do dentists charge so much?

Wrighty Wrexham

Parody thread to the vets one which got me thinking.
I am going to end up having no teeth because its cheaper to have them pulled out than trying to repair them!
Twice now I have plumbed for tooth extraction at 40 quid a time as opposed to repair and inevitable recurring repairs at 150 quid a time and that's with a NHS dentist. What a sorry state of affairs am I a tight bastard?

They deserve their money. Imagine dealing with some of the fucking manky mouths some people have.

I went to the dentist about 4 months ago, the 1st time in over 20 years just for a check up plus scale and polish. It was expensive as I ended up buying some recommended toothpaste, a guard to wear at night because I grind my teeth and a new electric toothbrush (bought elsewhere).

They then told me that I needed 3 fillings and gave me a quote. Not been for the fillings. I get no pain when going from hot to cold or vice versa and I have zero issues with my teeth. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve not got a film star smile or owt but they do not hurt and are clean so that’ll do me. But imagine some of the mouths they have to peer into on a daily basis. Fuck that.

I went out with a dentist for a while a few years ago (see, it wasn't just nurses in the Conti). Imagine the riches I'd be enjoying if I'd stuck with it...

Prague has had a thriving Dental holiday market for a number of years. I first heard of it in about 2003, but hardly having my finger on the gum of dental health i guess it was going on yrs before i found out

According to a retired dental practice manager I recently asked about this, they have a lot of costs, e.g for equipment. And I guess with al their training, they deserve good take-home pay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.