Why do our ballboys take ages to actually get the ball?

its daft that the ball boys are now being pointed out for taking to long to get he ball back its not the ball boys fault its the premier league and the setup and the single ball just give each ball boy a ball to give the players and let him go and get the lost ball

Dead right. Just another aspect of where the administrators of our game have their heads up their arses. Multi-ball should not be a matter of discussion. It should be statutory!

For me this is indicative of the attitude behind the scenes. A few years ago, I cant remember which manager at which club, but he held a meeting with the ball boys for exactly the same reason, and they were told to be as quick as possible, or as slow as needs be, depending on the situation.

That is chuffin basic stuff, someone at the club should be paying attention to these things. We need to be making home games as difficult as possible for the opposition

its daft that the ball boys are now being pointed out for taking to long to get he ball back its not the ball boys fault its the premier league and the setup and the single ball just give each ball boy a ball to give the players and let him go and get the lost ball

True good point

This is something I've wondered for a while. In games where we need a goal, the ball is played out for a throw in or a goal kick, and it takes the best part of 45 seconds for the ballboys to retrieve it.

Might just be me, but it's something that's been a huge frustration for a long time.
You're not imagining it. A few of us were discussing that very point in the North Stand at the Southampton game.

You're not imagining it. A few of us were discussing that very point in the North Stand at the Southampton game.
'North Stand, North Stand, give us a song'

'fuck off, we're discussing those lazy little ****s down there'

As for the ball boys, I remember a few years back when one of the ball boys was a young black lad, and when he jumped over and got the ball he got a chorus of 'Shauny Wright, Wright, Wright'. Quite funny at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.