Why do our ballboys take ages to actually get the ball?

Because they're all about 3ft and the boards are 4ft! They have to scale the boards before they can reach the balls just so that they don't block the adverts.

Absolute farce!
Nail on the head.

I'd chuck some of our under 14-16's on ball boy duties, the (lack of) atmosphere if they make a debut in years to come wouldn't be a shock to them.

'North Stand, North Stand, give us a song'

'fuck off, we're discussing those lazy little ****s down there'

As for the ball boys, I remember a few years back when one of the ball boys was a young black lad, and when he jumped over and got the ball he got a chorus of 'Shauny Wright, Wright, Wright'. Quite funny at the time.
Ha ha. North stand is the family stand - retired hooligans (not me) from the 70s and 80s. True though that it takes our ball boys ages to get the ball to our players. Every other ground, the ball is thrown back pretty quickly.

Ha ha. North stand is the family stand - retired hooligans (not me) from the 70s and 80s. True though that it takes our ball boys ages to get the ball to our players. Every other ground, the ball is thrown back pretty quickly.
Wolfie's right, looks like a big effort for our very small ball boys to climb over the quite high advertising boards.

Never noticed it before,but my lad said to me yesterday "why are the ball boys waiting for the ball to come back,anywhere else they just chuck another ball in"...I paid a bit of attention then and they do wait for it to come back from the crowd etc.

Only on bluemoon can we complain about something as trivial as ball boys being slow unbelievable Jeff.

Not true. I didn't notice it myself until the guys started talking about it. Then I get home and see numerous match goers I know on about it on Facebook.

So no its certainly not just bluemoon and sometimes the little things can help to make a big difference.

They don't though, in the PL its not allowed, not a club decision.

First time I looked was when my lad said it,never paid any attention before.
That may be the rule.....should be across the board IMO,...Europe,UEFA rules.

And quote all my post please,you'll see I said "never noticed before".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.