Why do vets charge so much?

They gotcha by the balls mate, i just pay it. Chopper got grass seed in his paw, 90 quid for a weeks pills and 35 quid for the appointment. I keep 3k stashed for medical stuff for my dogs and tbh i am probably a typical reason why they do charge what they do. I do literally pass them my wallet sometimes (once, as they were adding shit by the second so i gave them the damn wallet), just take what you need, as long as my boy is ok i really don't care and i don't.

His canine removal was about 300 quid i think and the woman has cost 800 or so to this year. Honestly i do not care, as long as they have a good life that is my only concern really.

I do donate to the PDSA though as they are a very good cause and if anyone has a few quid spare i suggest you chuck it their way.

It is a rip i think though as i pay 35 quid for them to tell me what i already know sometimes for an after treatment. My aunt worked at windy way for years and taught me a lot as a child, she is beyond excellent with dogs. I knew how to manipulate my boys paw to expel the grass seed. If that failed then it was 300 quid for the surgery and probably another 200 for after care. I never tried as a cost cutting measure you must understand, in fact it was not a consideration. I was just trying to relieve the pressure by draining the puss build up whilst his medication took hold. There was a dark bit that came to the hole in his paw so just wiggled it out along with a few more.

Dogs are great :-D

Get a pet insurance policy. Pays off in the end. Our dogs compete in agility trials and they get the odd injury here and there. It definitely helps with the bills.

Have you ever seen a vet riding in a Ford.Nope neither have I.Fucking Porsches,on many an occasion ... just like fucking dentists.
Those fuckers! All that education and training, years of going without a decent paycheck and paying out of the nose for their training and they have the fucking nerve to get a decent paycheck and buy a nice car. Twats, all of ‘em!

Would a Ford GT be OK? Shelby Mustang? Or does it have to be a Ka?

They gotcha by the balls mate, i just pay it. Chopper got grass seed in his paw, 90 quid for a weeks pills and 35 quid for the appointment. I keep 3k stashed for medical stuff for my dogs and tbh i am probably a typical reason why they do charge what they do. I do literally pass them my wallet sometimes (once, as they were adding shit by the second so i gave them the damn wallet), just take what you need, as long as my boy is ok i really don't care and i don't.

His canine removal was about 300 quid i think and the woman has cost 800 or so to this year. Honestly i do not care, as long as they have a good life that is my only concern really.

I do donate to the PDSA though as they are a very good cause and if anyone has a few quid spare i suggest you chuck it their way.

It is a rip i think though as i pay 35 quid for them to tell me what i already know sometimes for an after treatment. My aunt worked at windy way for years and taught me a lot as a child, she is beyond excellent with dogs. I knew how to manipulate my boys paw to expel the grass seed. If that failed then it was 300 quid for the surgery and probably another 200 for after care. I never tried as a cost cutting measure you must understand, in fact it was not a consideration. I was just trying to relieve the pressure by draining the puss build up whilst his medication took hold. There was a dark bit that came to the hole in his paw so just wiggled it out along with a few more.

Dogs are great :-D

You're a proper soft touch with your dogs Guy, it's nice to see, I'll be your dog:)

You mention windyway, up at Teggs Nose? I rescued my best ever mate from there, a Jack Russell, he wasn't abandoned, he came with a proper basket, crocheted blankets, separate bowls etc, his previous owner had to offload due to personal circumstances but she provided notes about his likes/dislikes/habits etc. Only problem was that his given name was Red, so I changed it to Ted, had to be done.

He went everywhere with me, I was market trading and he was well known on the gaffs round Cheshire, he had a real eye for the ladies and often disappeared for a couple of days when we lived more rurally. Local farmer once told me that Ted had turned up in his yard one morning, his collie woman was in season, another male jack russell turned up, a white one, he said the 2 of them had a set to that last most of the morning and the white one went home about lunchtime but it was more red than white by the time Ted had finished with it, hard as nails he was, still never got his end away with the collie though.
Once I was driving my van home from the market and he, as usual, was hanging out the passenger window catching the breeze, as I took a right hand bend he disappeared out the window, I could see him in the mirror bouncing about the road like a rag doll, I feared the worst as I pulled up and got out the van, he was stood up but dazed to fuck, he came running as soon as I shouted, jumped back in the van and straight back to his window, few cuts and bruises but soon mended. Broke my heart when I had to take him the vets for the final time, I loved him.

As for vets, my neighbour refers to their vet as £70Jeff, doesn't matter what the problem is with the cats it's always £70 a visit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.