Why does nothing work ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KS55, 13 Sep 2017 at 12:23 PM.

1. karen7

karen7

Frustrating isn't it,i say for fuck sake a hundred times a day and many a thing has been thrown across the room lol

2. toolah1511

toolah1511

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

And if it does work it do so at snail's pace. Downloaded some updates for my 'stick on the window' satnav. I was sitting at this laptop with 'the device' connected whilst reading that it wasn't working because my 'device' was not connected.

4. bluetonium

bluetonium

On food packaging, there are certain adhesive solutions with all the right food contact statuses, but some cheap buggers go for the budget adhesives in their processes. That's why some microwaveable meals you end up with plastic film in your meal or being heated up in the microwave. Cost cutting, and we are probably talking a fraction of a penny per unit.

Light bulbs is an annoying one. Despite a complete rewire at home, most of our light fittings can't take all 3 or 4 bulbs at a time, one is bound to blow within a week. Especially the newer energy ones, which also have the innovative feature of needing time to warm up to full brightness. Just what you want went you get home at 11pm in pitch dark.

5. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Brand new 7 quid tin opener from Tesco. Must be held at precisely 23.7 degrees or it just slips off or just slips off anyway even if you get it right. Took 4 minutes to open a can of tuna yesterday.

6. Hoghead

Hoghead

Plastic milk cartons, those with a handle on. Take the top off and you're left with a round bit of shiny plastic that you can't rip off and you have to stab at with a knife. Try poring milk on your porridge in the morning through the the eye of a needle!

7. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    The plastic things that were supposedly to cut and chop vegetables. A little plunger thing with a blade thing at the bottom.

Couldn't cut jelly.

Total waste of time.

8. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    got one of these - shite !!

Remember when your granny had one that was wall mounted that held the tin in place with the aid of a magnet and you just cranked the handle to actually get in the tin first go? Mind you I was always cracking my head on the fucker until I grew taller lol

9. City_Sean

City_Sean

Easier to pull a fucking tuna out the sea and cut it up yourself. Hate can openers

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    yes ! yes ! there was a time when it was easy even one handed - just pull the two tabs in the middle and apply to the wound. Now they are hermetically sealed in a thing thats harder to access than sellotape when you've lost the fucking end of the roll - more hygienic they say. What is? Spurting blood all over the shop is more hygienic than staunching the flow with a plaster !