Why does nothing work ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KS55, 13 Sep 2017 at 12:23 PM.

1. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

In years gone by when Adam was a lad they used to have people testing things in factories. Now it is cheaper to churn it out and to replace when you do the testing and return it when it breaks. Still use my dinky little can opener from the army which came in compo rations. Must be 30 years and counting. Been out 26.

2. karen7

karen7

Don't mention sellotape,the mere mention makes me have a burst of tourettes

3. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    Hahahaha yes i bashed my head on it plenty of times, probably explains a lot tbh xD They did work though, bloody style over substance wins here i think.

I considered getting an automatic one but it feels like cheating. It is a sad show when you have a life long battle with a sodding kitchen utensil xD

4. KS55

KS55

Oh plasters, they are the worst. Got some made by Galpharm (of Galpharm Stadium fame) all neatly sealed in their individual package (more ' elf and safety) but there was no gap around the edge and no little pull string, so, by the time I'd got one out, ready to do battle with the backing strips, the sodding thing was completely mashed.

5. Duphrates

Duphrates

Drugs.
    The drugs dont work. They just make you worse.

6. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    You've obviously seen me in action at work.

7. ob

ob

IT
    So far this week

02 - Bought my son a new phone they delivered it 4 hours late (half a day wasted waiting in), sent an envelope to return old one (sent that to wrong address)

Costa coffee - bought 2 coffee tried to pay with card but said not enough on it so I paid cash (checked card they removed cost of coffee from card as well)

Internet wasn't working last week - engineer booked for Monday - it started working on Saturday so cancelled engineer stopped working again last night - got to wait another week for engineer

Ordered prepay prescription card (as I have done for last 7 years) - didn't get confirmation email so contacted them they said their mistake and will said card out - needed tablets so had to pay £30 for my tablets even though already paid for the card

8. Boxer shorts, trolley jacks and self seal wrappers. Never ever work.
    Boxer shorts ride up around my chin.
    Trolley jack, second one, lost the locking pins both times and self seal wrappers, well we've all been there.

9. talkativesprout

talkativesprout

Aldi plasters even have a peelable(yeah right ), rigid double cover on the opposite side to the sticky bit that makes them inflexible.

10. nimrod

nimrod

Previous owner had no problems