Why does nothing work ?

In years gone by when Adam was a lad they used to have people testing things in factories. Now it is cheaper to churn it out and to replace when you do the testing and return it when it breaks. Still use my dinky little can opener from the army which came in compo rations. Must be 30 years and counting. Been out 26.

yes ! yes ! there was a time when it was easy even one handed - just pull the two tabs in the middle and apply to the wound. Now they are hermetically sealed in a thing thats harder to access than sellotape when you've lost the fucking end of the roll - more hygienic they say. What is? Spurting blood all over the shop is more hygienic than staunching the flow with a plaster !
Don't mention sellotape,the mere mention makes me have a burst of tourettes

got one of these - shite !!

Remember when your granny had one that was wall mounted that held the tin in place with the aid of a magnet and you just cranked the handle to actually get in the tin first go? Mind you I was always cracking my head on the fucker until I grew taller lol

Hahahaha yes i bashed my head on it plenty of times, probably explains a lot tbh xD They did work though, bloody style over substance wins here i think.

Easier to pull a fucking tuna out the sea and cut it up yourself. Hate can openers
I considered getting an automatic one but it feels like cheating. It is a sad show when you have a life long battle with a sodding kitchen utensil xD

yes ! yes ! there was a time when it was easy even one handed - just pull the two tabs in the middle and apply to the wound. Now they are hermetically sealed in a thing thats harder to access than sellotape when you've lost the fucking end of the roll - more hygienic they say. What is? Spurting blood all over the shop is more hygienic than staunching the flow with a plaster !

Oh plasters, they are the worst. Got some made by Galpharm (of Galpharm Stadium fame) all neatly sealed in their individual package (more ' elf and safety) but there was no gap around the edge and no little pull string, so, by the time I'd got one out, ready to do battle with the backing strips, the sodding thing was completely mashed.

You've obviously seen me in action at work.

So far this week

02 - Bought my son a new phone they delivered it 4 hours late (half a day wasted waiting in), sent an envelope to return old one (sent that to wrong address)

Costa coffee - bought 2 coffee tried to pay with card but said not enough on it so I paid cash (checked card they removed cost of coffee from card as well)

Internet wasn't working last week - engineer booked for Monday - it started working on Saturday so cancelled engineer stopped working again last night - got to wait another week for engineer

Ordered prepay prescription card (as I have done for last 7 years) - didn't get confirmation email so contacted them they said their mistake and will said card out - needed tablets so had to pay £30 for my tablets even though already paid for the card

Aldi plasters even have a peelable(yeah right ), rigid double cover on the opposite side to the sticky bit that makes them inflexible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.